Canyon Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did a few dives last Saturday at holiday lodge and at north park and it was great. Vis was 15-20 ft above 50 ft or so.I have never seen it that clear. Temp was about 70 on the surface and and in the 60s for most of our dives.

A buddy and I hit North Park last Friday (4/30/11). The weather was sunny, but heavy winds which stirred up the viz. Temp was 70 degrees down to 38' where we found a thermocline. We stayed above the thermocline as our purpose was to take a quick tour then clean off a platform to prepare for OW classes. The viz at the time was about 6-8'. (The week prior the viz was near 20'!)

My buddy did an OW class today at North Park and said the viz had improved with temp still at 70.

We were at Canyon Lake Thursday thru Saturday very nice lake visibility was 10-15ft. Lots of interesting stuff in this lake. Lots of fish, platforms, a car, motorcycle, about three boats, tires even a Manichean dress in scuba gear. The bad thing about Canyon Lake is all of the dive shops in the area are closed down. So either take lots of tanks or be prepared to drive about thirty minutes for a refill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom