Natural Springs Resort on Saturday, May 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is what was sent to me....

Natural Springs is very diver friendly. There are 3 boats, 4 cars, 3 platforms, 2 swim through tubes and a deep (30ft) trench around most of the wall. Definitely cold on the bottom. The best part of diving there, is all the life in the water. Very large bass and walleye. also their are several rock ledges full of juvinals. the bottom in the shallow part is usually grass covered. We have put guide lines in to help with navigation and it is easy to find your way around. First thing you see is yourself in the Big screen TV. and then a computer and finally the beach with umbrellas and chairs. Hope this is some help

Jen, the info above is quite accurate. The trench goes to 31 feet max. Most dive time will be spent at 16 to 18 feet. Me, I liked the guidelines as well.

The only way you're hitting 30 feet there is if you go to the bottom of the trench with a shovel and start digging. Guidelines are nice, can spend about 45 minutes to an hour following them out to the back of the quarry and along the wall. Leko and i dive here frequently in the summer.. entrance fee pays for an air fill, you can get food onsite at the little store, shower house is decent. And there's a golf ball somewhere in the quarry that gets you a free air fill if you find it!
It can go from decent vis to awful depending on the presence or absence of an open water class.

Bottom line: Great place for a day of fun, relaxing diving.

If i can convince the boyfriend to come along we'll be there, Jendra!

Ryan~ a guy posted on Divebuddy... I can ask him if he is looking to camp or just dive the one day. I can also post on the IDC forum that you are looking for a campsite roomie!

Misstop~thanks for the info. It sounds very similar to France Park. (but we have a few paddlefish there).
Hopefully you guys can join us! We missed you at the Spring MnG!

Ryan~ a guy posted on Divebuddy... I can ask him if he is looking to camp or just dive the one day. I can also post on the IDC forum that you are looking for a campsite roomie!

Misstop~thanks for the info. It sounds very similar to France Park. (but we have a few paddlefish there).
Hopefully you guys can join us! We missed you at the Spring MnG!

Thanks Jen!

as misstopsail said, NSR is my local haunt. I can be found there many tiems a month through the summer. it gets to about 30 feet if you lay in the mud in the trench. I dove there this past thursday and the surface was 58F already. I haven't downloaded my computer to see the temp below the thermocline yet. It was left off the prior comments but there are also tubes (reminescent of Gilboa) and lots of training platform space. The TV is a big-screen TV with the glass replaced with a mirror so you can check for leaks on your gear and such.

I plan to come out for the IDC event, not sure if I'll be camping or not. If I camp I will need to split a campsite to defray the cost. As was also mentioned, entrance fees on the weekend include your first airfill.

If anyone has any questions at all please post or PM them and I will answer as soon as I can. I'll see everyone there!

Will there be diving on Sunday? Wife and I just got our kits so it woud be nice to dive with some friendly people while we try our gear.

Sunday is possible!?!?! I plan to be there around 3ish on Friday.. and leave sometime on Sunday. Come on out and join us!

I wish the wife and I could have made it there. We're new to this and just got our gear. This Tuesday we get to try it out in the pool at the dive shop to make sure everything fits and works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom