Greetings from the Northeast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All! My name is Stephanie and i am new to diving and new to SB. I am looking to get certified in southern Maine or New Hampshire and then do my check-out dives in Hawaii in April. Any suggestions? :) Thanks!

Welcome to the board! (You've been hanging out there un-greeted way too long.)

Suggestions? Not a problem: Don't ignore local diving. The very best dives I've had have been with Northeast buds, new and old. Just finished up with some really memorable New England stuff.

Keep us posted.

Best,
lowviz

welcome aboard!!!!!!
suggestion???
take me with you for your check outs in hawaii!!!!!!!
best of luck!
have fun
yaeg

Hi!

Diving is the most fun activity there is, in my experience. I have to recommend doing your open water certification dives locally, instead of starting in HI, though. Learning to dive in cold water makes you a much better diver, plus you get to enjoy diving a lot more often if you can dive locally.

I learned to dive in cold water, and I'm really glad I did. It's much easier for a cold water diver to dive in warm water than it is for a diver trained in warm water to go to cold water.

Either way, though, dive safely & have fun!

I vote for the open water dives in Hawaii... You have your whole life to be cold and miserable. Dive where you can relax and concentrate on the basics. Then task load little by little. ( just kidding about the cold and miserable ) :D

Hi lowviz, j yaeger, Sea Lioness, and WetBoy101! Thanks for all your warm welcomes! I think that I am going to complete PADI's eLearning book work here and do the rest with Fathoms Five in Kauai. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Welcome to diving! Did you get certified in HI? I do quite a bit of instruction not too far from you. If you want to do some diving in Maine let me know, our group goes just about every weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom