April 20 Bohol pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The second photo is stunning . . . anemonefish pictures are a dime a dozen, but not ones like that.

Just haven't gotten around to testing my G12 housing yet :D. I sanded down the "mold release lines" so I especially want to test it out before using it.

I doubt the pics will be any different between the two :wink:

Hi Jim. my brand new G12 housing leaked a little and the water seems to have seeped in near the hinges. please share how you sanded out those mold release lines. thanks!

Hi Jim. my brand new G12 housing leaked a little and the water seems to have seeped in near the hinges. please share how you sanded out those mold release lines. thanks!

I posted some info on my website.

I used a cotton bud (Q-Tip) and some 600 wet/dry sandpaper (used it dry). I cut the cotton tips off just to have the stick at about 1 inch in length. I cut a small piece of sandpaper that was about the same length as the cotton bud stick. I rolled the sandpaper around the cotton bud stick leaving both ends to grip. I then sanded the mold release line until I could run a cotton bud across it and not feel the raised line. In hindsight something a little thicker than the cotton bud shaft may be better as it would fit the O-ring groove more evenly.

I never sanded my G10 housing and it never leaked. I have not tested my G12 yet but will do so on the next dive.

I can't confirm or deny that these mold release lines cause leakage but I am curious why some are a problem and some are not. Perhaps the lines are more pronounced on some housings than others and those are the ones that leak?

thanks! will give it a try. i hope that type of sandpaper is available at the local hardware store...

thanks! will give it a try. i hope that type of sandpaper is available at the local hardware store...

Took my empty G12 housing on a test dive the other day and it was fine. No leaks. The DM carried it for me and to about 33 meters.

BTY, if you are using a tray with your housing you may want to check out THIS INFO I posted relative to the mounting of the housing on the tray. I am convinced leaks or flooding can be caused by this.

Back
Top Bottom