Trip Report - Bonaire, April 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Great Report! We are leaving a week from Friday for our first trip to Buddy's and Bonaire. Sounds like we are basically on the same flight schedules since we are coming from PHX.
Can you let me know what kind of things you brought on your shore dives? What, if anything you left in the truck, etc.
Also, what was your packing list like? Clothing, etc.

Any other tips, tricks, recommendations, etc.

Thanks!

John

I have to say that your review is by far, the best one I have ever read! The way you organized the photos and the discriptions of each day and dive site was awesome. Your pictures are amazaing too. It's nice that you took some of things in the distance, it gives a great perspective of the awesome visibility there.

We will be in Bonaire in two days!! I can't even believe I just said that. We started planning the trip six months ago, but have dreamed about it for years.

Thank you so much for creating such a great insider view as to what we can expect when we get there!!

Great report and photos! Will be staying ay BD in Sept for the second time and all of your pics remind me of fond memories and get me excited. I am going with a friend who has not been to Bonaire before and he is very excited.

Great trip reports & pics..Enjoyed reading it. For equipment repairs, the best place is to look up Bruce @ Carib Inn. There are some nice sandy entries down south which are not official dive sites.Next trip try to dive "The Rock", nice sand entry and an underwater island about 150 yards straight off shore. And I'm sure you know, one week on Bonaire is NEVER enough.

To answer jpassov's question regarding what was left in their truck: I can't answer for Robin but you really don't want to leave anything in it. Leave it empty, unlocked, and the windows down. That is the easiest way to avoid theft and vehicle damage in case someone wants to check out what you have while are submerged.

Have a great time!

Can you let me know what kind of things you brought on your shore dives? What, if anything you left in the truck, etc.
Also, what was your packing list like? Clothing, etc.

John

John ~ when shore diving we bring our gear, that's pretty much it. A ratty t-shirt over swim suits gets left in the car and a cheap pair of $4 sunglasses folded within. A towel to keep the seat dry. We have a small credit card case that stays around my neck, tucked under wetsuit and tied to bathing suit. Contains the truck key and $20. You can buy one at Buddy's shop if you don't already have one. We bring water ~ half fill and freeze empty soda or water bottles overnight, fill with cold tap water before you go diving - either shore or boat. Nice to get rid of dry mouth. Stay well hydrated - you don't realize how the dry heat causes dehydration until it's too late. You can also keep bottles in the pickup bed for rinsing cameras or pouring over your face.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom