Status on Silicone Zip Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I know they exist and are suppose to be going through testing soon if not already. What is the estimated time for them to hit the market please?

The new seals are still in testing. We need to make sure the seals are as durable as we need and the locking mechanism will work with our zipseals. The wrists are further along than the neck. I would estimate a mid to late summer official release. Thanks for the interest. We are excited too!

Faith

Hi Michael,

This is Kathy Long with DUI. We only install ZipSeals on DUI drysuits.

Thanks,

Kathy

I just got an reply (20/02/12) from DUI that tells me that the silicone zip seals are still in testing. Seems like DUI been a bit quick to release the news. Just tested another brand and suit with silicone wristseals. That was very promising!

DUI has been diligently working on silicone ZipSeals for some time. The obstacles have included determining the correct hardness for the seal versus the ZipRing, perfecting the ZipRing so it will "click" for a secure connection no matter the depth or duration of the dive, adding a coating for easy on/off, designing of the molds with the many different shapes in a DUI ZipSeal and even how many trim rings for an ideal fit. We are very, very close. But until we have them in our hot little hands and feel 100% sure, we will not release them to the public. We ask for your patience just a little bit longer. Trust us, it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: D_B
I'm a loyal DUI customer (I own a TLS 350 and a 30/30). After waiting for almost 2 years from when the silicone ZipSeals were announced, I couldn't wait any longer and decided to go with the Si Tech Neck Tite system with silicone seals and Si Tech's Oval Permanent Wrist System with silicone seals. Unbelievably easy to don and doff and to switch out seals. I'm sure when DUI releases their product, it will be great as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom