ACK. Expedition trip cancelled... what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Already have plans to dive with Coron Divers - also very recommended by this board. If we find it sub-par we will switch to Gunther. Staying at Ralphs Pension.

Update on the Expedition trip - they started off with a crappy room on C-deck on Oceanic Explorer for us. Now we have rebooked all our flights - which they have either paid for or are paying me back for at close to $600 for 2 people - and we have found alternative hotels (think I would prefer Coron Village Lodge that we had before but now at Ralphs which is also well regarded). Flight times/connections/etc are not all as great, ad Ralphs is a little more money, but at least it is all arranged.

And now Oceanic Explorer has a cancellation so we are in a Deluxe room on A-Deck and I got Raymond to still give $100 credit each for the troubles.

So all in all I feel they have done well considering the situation. I leave in 5hrs for my trip. I will report when I return. I just wonder if someone else has cancelled on one of the 4 other boats for our original week so that we could have kept our schedule. Likely so, but oh well.

By the way, we now have a 5hr layover in Manila between Coron and Puerto Princesa. Any recommendations on what to do? I read about Greenhill Mall... sounds interesting. I will also have most of the day after I return from PG as my flight home is 7am so I am overnighting near the airport.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom