Fresh Fruit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Everyone here has been so extremely helpful with all my questions, thought I would ask another one since I love fresh fruit. 9 days and counting for a 2 wk stay. This will be my first visit in May so what fruit is in season and where to get the best. In the past my shopping was limited to Mega and Chedraui stores.

Mega has a good selection but for quality produce, I like to shop at the Mercardo. I've just found everything there (fruits and vegetables) to last a bit longer, and be in a bit better shape. Tomatoes especially. Mega usually has starfruit and figs the latter of which I like with proscuitto and melon. But I have developed a love of a root vegetable called jicima (sp?), which is much nicer in Mexico than what I buy in the grocery store in Canada. Sprinkled with some chile salt...yum. Lots of people swear by El Marajah which is on 15th. I wandered around it but didn't see much of anything I couldn't get at Mega, which is closer to my house.

Just was shopping in Mega yesterday, they have nice looking apples, bannanas regular and baby,watermelon, papaya, oranges, grapefruit, melon, and more. we stocked up and so far it is all good....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom