Feburary 2011 trip to fantasy island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Greetings all,

i have visited fantasy island resort in roatan 7 times. I have seen many changes in management and resort conditions in these trips. My last trip with a group that i planned & worked with the booking agent rich henry @ fantasy dive travel(time to dive ) went very well. All that rich henry had said about improvements & renovations were honest & accurate. I met rich henry(owner of time to dive) and resort owner justo at dema in las vegas. Rich was stressing out because the material he had purchased for the display booth was missing. I watched rich get new materials bought ordered & displayed in short order & made a very professional display. Great job rich !! I was most impressed with having booked a trip with him to be in on the i-pad promotion !! Again nice idea rich !! Rich i hope this does not break your pocketbook !! Our experience @ fantasy was great !! I can not say enough about the dive staff & hotel workers !! I saw docks being rebuilt & new boat arriving to add to there fleet !! I saw rich henry & owner of resort working hand in hand to solve issues as they arose !! I witnessed the fact that the owner is very determined to make this resort work & may have stretched his goals out to fast !!

I am disappointed in hearing that time to dive & fantasy island have severed there relationship together. But rest assured i have met an honest man & a true professional business man in rich henry & will continue to plan dive trips with him !!

Thank tou for the time !!

Diver wayne

Welcome to ScubaBoard, Diver Wayne!

This is a very interesting and unusual first post--you introduce yourself but spend most of the time talking about what a great guy someone else is. He must be quite some guy to have you gush about him this way as you introduce yourself.

You may be interested to know that this is a very controversial topic at the moment in the Roatan regional forum. I think your introductory post would be better served there so that interested people will see it and respond appropriately. Many such people do not read the introductions section and will miss your post.

I have suggested that your post be moved there for that reason.

So sorry on the lack of posting guidelines. This my first posting !! I do have a lot or respect for rich & enjoy fanatsy island. Shame they could not keep the business relationship going.

I will read on more & hopefully provide better posts !!

Diver wayne

Greetings all,

i have visited fantasy island resort in roatan 7 times. I have seen many changes in management and resort conditions in these trips. My last trip with a group that i planned & worked with the booking agent rich henry @ fantasy dive travel(time to dive ) went very well. All that rich henry had said about improvements & renovations were honest & accurate. I met rich henry(owner of time to dive) and resort owner justo at dema in las vegas. Rich was stressing out because the material he had purchased for the display booth was missing. I watched rich get new materials bought ordered & displayed in short order & made a very professional display. Great job rich !! I was most impressed with having booked a trip with him to be in on the i-pad promotion !! Again nice idea rich !! Rich i hope this does not break your pocketbook !! Our experience @ fantasy was great !! I can not say enough about the dive staff & hotel workers !! I saw docks being rebuilt & new boat arriving to add to there fleet !! I saw rich henry & owner of resort working hand in hand to solve issues as they arose !! I witnessed the fact that the owner is very determined to make this resort work & may have stretched his goals out to fast !!

I am disappointed in hearing that time to dive & fantasy island have severed there relationship together. But rest assured i have met an honest man & a true professional business man in rich henry & will continue to plan dive trips with him !!

Thank tou for the time !!

Diver wayne

I am going to Roatan next month and planning on staying at Fantasy Island. Can you provide pictures of the renovations and improvements or at least be more descriptive?

Last time I went to FI the cost was 50% of what they are asking for now. This is going to increase my expectations for the resort quite a bit. I keep telling myself the last time I went was a deal to good to be true so I shouldn't expect those prices. With the cost doubling I would like some assurance they have made improvements to warrant that much of an increase in cost.

What would give you the idea that the new owner "is very determined to make this resort work & may have stretched his goals out to fast" Did you speak with the owner and he tell you he is having problems financially after sinking so much money into the renovations?

Thanks for the information.

Rod

Wayne, sorry to say this, but the subject header of your post was a trip to FI, but you spent 75% of your text glorifying a person... :shakehead: If that's what you want to do, by all means do so.... But either change the subject header of the post to"" John Doe is the greatest guy in the universe", or simply post it in the thread where the FIBR - Rich Henry debate is already going on... No need to make new posts about this...

:coffee:

My bull**** detector just went off! Rich needs to come forward and speak for himself.

The OP was both pro FI and pro Rich. Seems like people only see what they want to see....

Diver Wayne..while you were very impressed with Rich Henry...all I can say is "It is very easy to spend someones elses money." That is what you saw..also discounting the dive package and getting a good list of future repeat business. What you did not see was that the repeat business went back to Rich Henry..and he kept the money...turning people off to Fantasy Island....So "You did meet an honest man and a true Professional Business man" but it was Justo....not Rich Henry. Please note..after Rich Henry stole from Fantasy Island...he moved onto HM properties...he also stole from them and if he ever returns to Roatan he will be arrested. So Diver Wayne have you booked anymore trips thru Rich Henry???If so I would love to know where he is..he needs to do some jail time.

The original post was a scam.

The reason - The OP has only two posts - they were on the same day and on this thread almost a year ago!
Has not posted since or been involved on the board in any capacity!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom