Dive career

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone, I am a high school senior and I am dead set on becoming a commercial diver. Its all I want to do, but I am doing other stuff to fall back on just in case (community college, advancing PADI certifications, mabey a tattoo artist apprenticeship) I want to attend International Diving Institute in Charleston SC early next year and was wondering if anyone had any tips about getting into the industry?:goingdown:

Same here.

But look into getting a skill that is useful either in offshore construction (i.e. pipe welder, NDT technician) or heavy civil construction like pile driving, dock carpentry or civil engineering.

does anyone know anything about florida keys community college diving program? Would an AS degree in diving be better than just the certification?

does anyone know anything about florida keys community college diving program? Would an AS degree in diving be better than just the certification?

Yes, and get certified in welding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom