Nanaimo Charter Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info recommendations, I was just looking at booking something for the long weekend coming up and thought I should check the "board"

I had a nice talk with the man who runs the Sea Dragon charters at the Tacoma Dive Expo this weekend. One of the things we discussed in detail was the boat ladder (since I cried bitter tears over the loss of the Diver's Choice ladder). It was designed by a woman, with small rise, a large layback, and good handholds all the way up. I am very much looking forward to going up there and trying it.

Does anyone have recommendations/advise wrt transporting tanks on the BC Ferries?
Planning (hopefully) to dive the wrecks in Nanaimo this weekend (driving up to the ferries from Seattle). They're filled w/air (not Nitrox or trimix).
Thanks in advance!
Anne

Does anyone have recommendations/advise wrt transporting tanks on the BC Ferries?
Planning (hopefully) to dive the wrecks in Nanaimo this weekend (driving up to the ferries from Seattle). They're filled w/air (not Nitrox or trimix).
Thanks in advance!
Anne

On the Victoria-Tsawwasen route, I had a couple tanks in the box of my truck that I had just gotten. Once aboard and parked one of the deckhands saw them and asked if they were full or not, I didn't know what psi were in either, so I said they shouldn't be he said ok and went on his way:)

Thanks in advance!
Anne

There were some issues with nitrox and BC ferries but they have been sorted out. You should probably declare the compressed air tanks and fill out the form prior to boarding but other than a bit of paperwork there is no issue carrying scuba tanks on BC Ferries.

Kevin and Jan Breckman own the Sea Dragon and Topline charter boatsr Recently the seadragon just got moved from retirment to active chartering again but not in Howe Sound anymore, no, thats the Toplines job, the Seadragon is located in Nanaimo now, but because of fuel price increases the price for each person for a charter went up another $10, now sitting at $110 per person for a 2 tank dive in Nanaimo and also in Howe Sound.

Had the opportunity to dive the Topline back in March, what a great boat and Kevin and Jan are amazing! If the Sea Dragon (and her crew) are half as good then I am REALLY looking forward to getting out to Nanaimo this summer!

Back
Top Bottom