GLWC Spring M&G April 15-17, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another great M & G under my belt. I ditto all of what Cam said. We had some great topics of conversation around the campfire both Fri. and Sat. nights. We talked about everything from diving, new certification cards, Jendra's needs, T. Bix's new door locks, (and we found out that Mike L. is a locksmith) and a myriad of other subjects. As usual the food was awesome: Ribs, Kielbasa, all kinds of dips, chocolate Oreo balls, sausage and peppers, and snacks galore. The viz was probably around 50 - 60 feet on Fri.; then the students got there on Sat. and you had to go deep for better viz. Sun. morning around the bus, you might as well have been diving in a cloud. Oh well, they'll learn.

Thanks all for coming; it's you guys and gals that really make this event a success. And Tim Bix, really great having someone near my age because when we got on the topic of diving "back in the day", we understood each other. Looking forward to seeing some of you this summer and the Fall M & G. You guys keep me young!:D:D

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone! Each of you made this a wonderful time. I really enjoy catching up with everyone. Its also great that every year we extend the group with new friends.

I, as always had a GREAT time. I am looking forward to diving with all of you throughout the season. If anyone wants to get out on the "Great Lakes Diver" up in Port Sanilac, let me know, as I hope to be diving out there a lot this season!

Meet and Greet was great. Good times and good laughs all weekend. It was nice meeting some new/old members of the crew. Saturday's lunch was awesome, so much good food. Looking forward to diving with some of you this upcoming season. Also had fun on my dives with Skyman?, JWalko, Bonecrusher, Ian, and Mel Snyder. Thanks.
Ryan

I'm glad to see that there was a great turnout and that everyone seems to have had an awesome time. I'm really bummed that I missed it. As it turns out, there was no diving for me this weekend. :shakehead:

I had decided to skip the M&G to dive the Thomas Hume off of Chicago. Well, we were blown out. :depressed: I guess that's what I get for choosing to dive somewhere else instead of come to the M&G. I've learned my lesson! :bash:

Looking forward to the Fall M&G!!!

This may be opening a can of worms ... but was a date set for the Fall M&G? :popcorn:

I'm glad to see that there was a great turnout and that everyone seems to have had an awesome time. I'm really bummed that I missed it. As it turns out, there was no diving for me this weekend. :shakehead:

I had decided to skip the M&G to dive the Thomas Hume off of Chicago. Well, we were blown out. :depressed: I guess that's what I get for choosing to dive somewhere else instead of come to the M&G. I've learned my lesson! :bash:

Looking forward to the Fall M&G!!!

This may be opening a can of worms ... but was a date set for the Fall M&G? :popcorn:

You were one of the topics of discussion at M&G. With the wind that we had, we were thinking that you probably got blown out on your dive. We were bummed with you!

As for the fall M&G, the date was not set. In fact, I think applications are being accepted for anyone who wants to organize that date (I am not picking, planning, or anything that may be construed as organizing :shocked2:). All it takes to submit your application is to start a thread and pick a date and you can have the illustrious job of M&G organizer! :D (normally its in October and we try and stay away from the haunted quarry weekend).

Whatever date is picked, I will do everything I can to attend. I really enjoy seeing everyone and getting some dives in. (Even though "I have seen Gilboa") :rofl3:

So... Who wants to organize fall's M&G????????

You were one of the topics of discussion at M&G. With the wind that we had, we were thinking that you probably got blown out on your dive. We were bummed with you!

As for the fall M&G, the date was not set. In fact, I think applications are being accepted for anyone who wants to organize that date (I am not picking, planning, or anything that may be construed as organizing :shocked2:). All it takes to submit your application is to start a thread and pick a date and you can have the illustrious job of M&G organizer! :D (normally its in October and we try and stay away from the haunted quarry weekend).

Whatever date is picked, I will do everything I can to attend. I really enjoy seeing everyone and getting some dives in. (Even though "I have seen Gilboa") :rofl3:

So... Who wants to organize fall's M&G????????

Thanks! It helps to know you guys were sympathizing with me. :D

I haven't put my neck on the block before and it's probably about time. I'll pick some possible dates in Oct and start a poll. We can give it a good month to run to get solid representation.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great weekend! This is truly a wonderful group of people that share a passion for diving! For those that could not attend (for whatever the reason)... You missed out on a memorable weekend!

I think it's great when a newbie to the group replies before they leave... "I am going to bring _________ to the fall MnG."

I must admit, I too am looking forward to the fall MnG. But I plan to meet up with some of you before that date arrives.

Thank you all for a great introduction at the meet and great. I now have the "scuba bug" all over again. In fact I just purchase another reg. set on ebay. Look forward to diving with you all in the future.

Thank again for the warm welcome.

Thanks for making me fill welcomed had a great time diving with different divers. The food was great and thanks to Mike's mobile dive shop and Cam's auto sevice for your help! Hope to see everyone this summer(maybe on a dive boat?)

Fun as always even though work messed up my weekend prompting and early departure....but anyone who has been in the military knows when an O6 has questions, you get on it.

Looking forward to the fall and other rounds of diving....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom