Diving in Sardinia - advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leejnd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I made my decision - I'm going to spend a week in Sardinia. I would LOVE it if anyone could tell me anything about the diving in Sardinia. Where is the best region? Any dive op recommendations? This trip is not for another 18 months, but I like to make my plans very early. :)

Any other guidance for what we should do during our week in Sardinia would be great too. Can't spend the ENTIRE time underwater!

Well I'm glad to see SOMEBODY bothered to answer me! :D Since nobody did for so long, I just went and did a bunch of research and sent off emails. I ended up choosing this dive op:

Protec Sardinia

They're in a location that is a bit off the beaten path, but it seems to have great diving. And the shop operator has been VERY responsive and helpful. So that's probably where we'll end up going.

I'm going to check out the rest of these links and see what comes up as well. Some of them I've already seen, but a couple are new to me. So thanks!

Hope you have a good time. We found Patrick to be good at emails and stuff. Its not a big place and if you rent a car for a few days you will get to see many places. Please enjoy the food :)

Chris

Wow - it's always wonderful to see a good review! Yes, he's been great with communication so far, and I'm looking forward to learning more and making a final decision. We're definitely renting a car, and plan on doing quite a bit of sight-seeing (when I'm not underwater). As for the food...I bought a couple of books about Sardinia, and I'm already salivating!

Wow - it's always wonderful to see a good review! Yes, he's been great with communication so far, and I'm looking forward to learning more and making a final decision. We're definitely renting a car, and plan on doing quite a bit of sight-seeing (when I'm not underwater). As for the food...I bought a couple of books about Sardinia, and I'm already salivating!

Should you plan to travel a bit in Sardinia, take into account this diving.

It's a not-well-known part of the island, and can be really surprising. In case, you can tell to Ivan (the boss) that I sent you the link: he is a good friend of mine.

Ciao,
A.

Please report back after your trip.

We are planning a trip to Italy in a couple of years. Hope to do a week in Sardina and a week on the mainland.

Have fun

Will be in Palau, Sardegna in early June. So far the responses from Stephanie at divesardegna.com have been very helpful and they help with accomodations if required. However they do not accept credit cards and therefore any reservations require a money transfer which can be a bit of a hassle...

Nonetheless the area seems very nice and I am looking forward. If anyone has comments or must-sees, please advise. Cheers!

I'm resurrecting this VERY old thread, because we ended up changing our 2009 travel plans and I wasn't able to squeeze in the week on Sardinia. But after reading so much about it, I've been itching to go there ever since. So finally we're booking a trip there - and this time, it's the only destination. We're going to spend 3 weeks, the entire time on Sardinia, as opposed to the one week we'd previously planned.

I'm already sold on ProTec in Cala Ganone - I'll be spending at least a few days there. But with 3 weeks on the island, I'd like to find a couple of other good dive ops in different areas of the island.

So...any suggestions? There's not a whole lot of information out on the web about diving in Sardinia, and what little I can find is either outdated, or in Italian (which I only speak a little).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! The trip is not until next May, so I've got a year to plan. :)

I have been here in 2009
near San Teodoro 45 min south of Olbia airport
we did some diving with indice
we liked it a lot
very nice diving people very helpful
dives were mosly easy
you can do some deep diving and a litle wreckdiving
water is very clear
the diving shool is a litle of the main road o a campsite very peaceful in May
with a wunderful smal beach very intiem
also for toples bathing was no problem ,what is mostly not wanted in that island
but maybe in high seison that it wil be very crowded ?????

in the north of the Island
there is big bisnis
lots of tourist and very expensive
in the south are lots of privet houses for rent ,quit and peaceful on privet property
beautiful Island for walking

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom