Bare masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have experience with Bare masks? I have found a Bare and a TUSA that fit my face very well, and I am trying to decide between the two.

I have a Bare Duo I picked up on a dive trip in Vancouver and love it. It fits me much better than my Genesis mask I started with, and is much more durable in build too.

I am getting to the point of having Bare equipment for almost everything. All my wetsuits are Bare (gloves, boots and hood too), as is my mask and my BCD (Bare Voodoo). My drysuit is also going to be Bare (waiting for early April for delivery). My only non Bare stuff is my fins, regs (Apeks), and computer (Suunto, which I think has the same owner as Bare, as would atomic regs I believe, but I don't have that). Bare stuff just seems to fit me well.

Bare has some great products and they really stand behind them if you do have any unforseen problems. Their drysuits are first rate and they have a lifetime warranty. Suunto and Bare are owned by the same company. Use products that fit you good and are good quality. Brand name is just a name......

just ordered a bare duo. Wanted to go with scubapro spectra, but sold out everywhere and $80 at the LDS is out of my budget. Hoping it fits; working against a deadline so bought online without trying. read many reviews as a real similar fit to the spectra. And i couldnt pass up the price. I like the fact that they have reasonable prices, and nice looking well built equipment. Will let ya know how it fits and feels when she arrives.

I tried the Bare and the TUSA in the pool at my LDS and found that the TUSA has softer silicone and fit my face much better in the water. It was a good reminder that the only true way to tell if a mask fits is to test it underwater.

I have the Bare frameless mask, which i received accidentally trying to order an Atomic Aquatics, i find that it does not fit my face well. Water seems to leak in around the bottom of the nose pocket. This is just the fit of my face though, the quality of the product is great.

I have the Bare Trio C mask. Basically a 1-lenser on the front with 2 side lenses. You can see it on their website. It never had any fogging problems or leaking problems for me. I just recently switched to the Atomic Aquatics frameless mask though.

I would recommend the Trio C if you got a good deal on it. It has a great range of vision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom