Drysuit talc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have latex wrist seals then you don't have a dry suit. a dry suit isn't finished until you have dry gloves and a neoprene neck seal no baby's butt pouder recuierd.

If you have latex wrist seals then you don't have a dry suit. a dry suit isn't finished until you have dry gloves and a neoprene neck seal no baby's butt pouder recuierd.

I have wrist seals (latex) AND I have dry gloves. Somehow you say I do not have a drysuit :headscratch:

Mind you my dive buddy has had both neoprene and latex neck seals......loves the neoprene.

I want warm dry hands. If my hands and feet are warm then the rest of me will be just fine. latex will not insulate at the neck or wrist and will restrict blood flow to the hands as well as no air flow from the suit, most uncomfortable. Same to be said for latex and some form of rock boot on your feet, no air flow. a latex wrist seal in a dry glove is a redundant system that there is no reason for.

I want warm dry hands. If my hands and feet are warm then the rest of me will be just fine.

I agree about wanting dry and warm hands.

latex will not insulate at the neck or wrist....

Agree the latex seal on it's own provides little insulation value.

.......and will restrict blood flow to the hands......

Now this is absolutely untrue unless you have done a poor job in cutting your seals. Perhaps that is your issue. Maybe you could have someone check yours.

.......as well as no air flow from the suit.......

You have obviously never dove wearing drygloves and wrist latex seals in tact. Either that or you had no idea on how to use them. I use the combination and your statement is absolutely 100% untrue.

Same to be said for latex and some form of rock boot on your feet, no air flow.

My DS boots are attached so I cannot speak to Rock Boots but what you say makes sense.

.....a latex wrist seal in a dry glove is a redundant system that there is no reason for.

Your opinion and only an opinion. Thanks for offering it.

I do the cold water thing for a living you odiously do not. thank you for offering your uneducated opinion. but dont let that stop you, in time and with 18" or so of ice over your head you may want to try it.

I prefer this stuff ...

... so moregooder ... which one is you?

clowndicks.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I do the cold water thing for a living you odiously do not. thank you for offering your uneducated opinion. but dont let that stop you, in time and with 18" or so of ice over your head you may want to try it.

OK then. Now that you have impressed me, I can sleep tonight. Thanks for that. Back to the topic at hand.

As has been said, baby talc is not good for use on latex seals. It has perfumes and other ingredients that speed up the degradation of the seal. If you are OK with that then that is your choice. I'll not judge you on your choice but you should not tell people that it is fine for use on latex seals if it is not.

I think the damage, if there is any, must be minimal. I've been using baby-power for years because unscented talc is hard to source in the Netherlands and I've never seen any damage to my seals that didn't look like normal wear and tear.

And besides, women dig guys who dare to smell like a baby's ass. :D

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom