What do you wear under your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speedo (shorts kind, like comp. shorts) or sometimes just my board shorts bunched up (much less comfortable but I don't notice when diving).

I'm female but for dudes I would recommend jammers. You can get them super cheap online and they are made to get wet.

Hailing from Europe, it took me a while to figure out that Americans tend to be offended by my speedos, so I stopped wearing them.

And since I find regular trunks too bulky under a wetsuit, I usually free-bird it these days. :D

As long as I change in private, I see no reason to wear anything under a wetsuit.

Would under armor offer any form of thermal protection under wetsuit?

Highly doubt it. There are tons of products advertised as offering thermal protection. In my book, it's all BS. The only thing that keeps you warm are bubbles enclosed in rubber, AKA neoprene.

Bathing suit under 7 mil wetsuit, or under body suit in tropics. If diving right from our house al fresco. Tried that with the shortie at the pool and forgot there was no bathing suit when unzipping poolside. That was a close one.

Get some of the tight Under Armor compression shorts. They work perfectly for me. Also an Under Armor shirt and you're set

second the vote for speedo jammers. originally started off with board shorts without inner lining, worked well without bunching up. jammers are better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom