which Dry suit

which one of these dry suits ? would you recomend

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are going to go cheap I would suggest the Viking Extreme. Bob3 here on ScubaBoard can provide them at a really reasonable price. Probably less expensive than any of the other suits mentioned so far. The laytex hood mates very well with all the full face masks I have used, including the AGA and M-48.

Personally I would only dive a viking HD with a mating helmet and heavy gloves.

I dived the DUI CXO (although I don't think it had a name yet). It is a pretty slick suit, literally. It is very light weight. Not as light as the TLS 350 but not anywhere as heavy as a Viking. It felt pretty bullet proof.

As Muddiver said, the X-treme is a good, inexpensive suit. I love mine. Any of the Viking Pro suits would also be good.

This past weekend I attended and assisted on the DUI DOG Days event a Lake Travis, Austin, Texas. I was able to dive with the CLX 450 and the FLX 50/50. Both suits were great and not restricting in the least bit. I was also able to check out the CXO and it looks like it may be the ticket.

Our team currently uses Diving Concepts suits and recently picked up a couple TLS350's. I have been hearing that the CLX 450 is a much more durable suit than the 350 and may be more suited for our dive team. The material seems to be very durable.

If contamination is a part of it, which it always is as a PSD....I would go with the Hazmat.

Quick question - What is your lil gas tank made of that you use to fill your Lawn mower? Is it Rubber? Is it Cordura? Is it trilam? NOPE...it is Polyurethane....like the Hazmat and Enviro.
The seals on all the other suits are just latex....the Whites have a Polyurethane coating that helps them rip less and makes them resist the elements longer. With your seals being usually the first thing to go in contaminated waters, I know I would want them to last a little longer.

Have you tried fixing a viking? If you have had one over 8 years....how did the seams hold up? The Whites has a heat activate patch kit that you can EASILY fix the suit with.

USIA also makes a great suit.....but if you need decon, you won't get better than the Hazmat. If you don't, you can't beat the Enviro based on Price, and stellar features! Not to mention you can easily add drygloves and replace your own systems with the Permanent Wrist System that comes installed.

We sell the Whites to people all over the country, there is a reason it is the fastest selling PSD suit and it was used in the Oil Spills in the Gulf:
CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

It depends on what you are using it for, but Whites really did knock it out of the park with their 2 suits. Enviro awesome suit at a cheap price and the Hazmat as a Decon Suit under $2k. They built it the right way, and to todays technology in materials.

Fixing a Viking is like patching an inner tube, nothing to it. I've never had a seam go on a Viking and my current Viking, which is in good repair, is fifteen years old.

That's great for your suit....around here for some reason teams are lucky to get 8-10 years out of them. The side seams, running vertical, fall apart...especially under the armpit and around the elbow. We have had seams running from armpit to ankle have leaks the entire way up and down. This is actually a problem with Vikings in general. I don't remember if it was a bad batch or what though. If it was, it was a big batch.

Patching is easy on the Viks, depending on where it is, your experience patching, and who does it. Let's remember the people typically using these suits. Firefighters can break a solid steel box in twenty minutes....We have gotten them back, patched, horribly. Not everyone is a detailed person when it comes to fixing a suit that belongs to someone else or....a Fire Department. Others take full responsibility for their gear....most don't. It depends on the team members.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom