Krabi & Phi Phi in September/October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

poochiie

Registered
Reaction score
I am thinking of booking to go to Krabi & Phi Phi in Septeber or October of this year. I know it's the rainy season, but it is nice & cheap! :wink: Can anyone tell me which of the two has the better diving and also good snorkelling for a non-diver? This will maybe help me decide how long to spend in each resort - I only have 14 days, so any help would be great! Thanks.

Well, it is nice and cheap mainly because it is probably the worse time to go there. The monsoon season is usually from May-end of October early November and it is still possible to dive around Phi Phi and Krabi for most part but September-October is pretty much the worse time to be there because of the rain and rough sea. Both are very close to each other so if you stay in Krabi, you can still dive around Phi Phi. From either places, you will end up diving around all the same dive sites in the area anyhow.

Thanks for the advice. What about the start of November? I am quite limited both for the times I can get off work and also the money factor. If not, have you heard any reports on Bali?

November or late October should be alright. I went out to the Similan mid October last year and the sea was ok but we had a bit of rain. A week before that, a friend went and it was raining the whole time and the sea was quite rough. 2 years ago I was in Krabi early November and we had just a little bit of rain.
I forgot when the rainy season in Bali is. Rainy season in many part of Indonesia such as Lembeh Strait, Sangalaki is November/December. I was in Bali last August and the weather was perfect but the water is a bit colder than what I am used to in SE Asia, about 25-26C instead of the usual 28-30C

Why not go to Koh Samui instead?

I was in Phuket in september....and it was in the rainy season. The sea was so rough...we couldnt even dive around the Phuket area. Using the boat to Phi phi islands were impossible then.

Going to leave it until November - thanks for all the info and advice!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom