GUE DPV 1 - British Columbia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report, and thank you! I have been using a scooter for several years without taking a class, but I've always felt that I would learn a lot from a class. Next time you guys are thinking of scheduling one, I hope I find out about it!

Great report, and thank you! I have been using a scooter for several years without taking a class, but I've always felt that I would learn a lot from a class. Next time you guys are thinking of scheduling one, I hope I find out about it!

Like any other GUE class, there is a lot of "oh yah" moments. You think you have it figured out then you see what the collective experience of some top notch explorers have worked out....and you find some very useful knowledge to take home.

We regularly use DPV's for our diving in open water yet we haven't really approached what they bring to the program in terms of failure points as the Cave guys do. I found this part of the course particularly enlightening. The materials were new, the study guide was very cool and the planning worksheets were very useful. I can see how this is going to be a popular course as more and more DPV's hit the water. And it was a lot of fun:)

Guy

So today I tried Dan's way and I liked it. My frog kick and back kick were weak but I can see that with practice (and time on the thighmaster) that they will probably improve.

However I'm not sure how well it would work on a lead acid scooter like a big Gavin or SS.

I tried it as well. Was fine, kicking a bit weak. I'm not sure I'll actually habitually use this stow.

So today I tried Dan's way and I liked it. My frog kick and back kick were weak but I can see that with practice (and time on the thighmaster) that they will probably improve.

I've been using it a little bit on the last few dives...I'm still not 100% convinced. Nose clipping it to my crotch d-ring really isn't too much more involved then this temp position.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom