grand bahama outfitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggilway

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi We will be heading to grand bahama in 2 weeks . I would like information on good and bad dive outfitters. if you have any recomendations we would greatly appreciate them. Thanks Geoff

Hi We will be heading to grand bahama in 2 weeks . I would like information on good and bad dive outfitters. if you have any recomendations we would greatly appreciate them. Thanks Geoff

first welcome to the site,next more information could be found in the travel section link Bahamas,But being a well travel Grand Bahama diver lets help you out this is my opinion only,,,,
Grand Bahama scuba Fred is a German that can seem a bit brash at times but most dives with his out fit are good dives.he runs a nice operation,,

UNEXSO is a typical cattle boat and they run a operation suited IMO to new divers,pool check out dives and easy dives, pushing the Dolphin experience were you see penned in Dolphins that are supposed to be let out at night Ya RIGHT!!

Caribbean divers out of the Bell Chanel inn runs a nice boat with a schedule you can see in advance I have used them many times in the past and no complaints,

Xanadu near Free Port out of Infamous hotel Howard Hughes spent his last days I think may be closed or open?

Dont forget feed the sharks one night at Pier1 after you get done diving,

Get to Gold rock beach to get a small sample of the some 70 miles of pristine beach Grand Bahama has that tourist's never see!

Hit the "Sand Bar" aka Margaritaville
http://www.thebahamasguide.com/sandbar/
for the best Conch fritters and spend the day at some great beach out near Mather's town,Say Hi to Jenks!!
Now your out that far see Bishop for even better beach and some great food and drink!
Have a fun time,Port Lucaya is main tourist area Free port the main city kind of got messed up real bad years back with the hurricanes and with the 1000 room Royal Oasis closed just shambles. so stay away
have fun dive safe,
Brad

I haven't been there yet, but I'm going in two months. Therefore, I can't speak with authority, but I've done a lot of research and looked at a LOT of reviews. Bases upon what I've learned, I'll be booking with Grand Bahama Scuba and Fred Riger. I'll post a review when I get back, but that'll be too late for your purposes.
Have fun!

moneysavr,

you really need to update your reply.

The dive shop at Xanadu has been closed for 2 years and the hotel is not open. The timeshare units are barely open. They have 1 room rented this week.

Fred with Grand Bahama Scuba is NOT German.

Back
Top Bottom