Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be at the pool with 6 new OW students. I am looking forward to diving up that way soon though. I'll post when I'm looking at going.

hey yall, I live in Atlanta and have been diving for over a year (mostly in Los Angeles) and im just aching to get into the water but have never dove any of the lakes around. None of my friends are certified, so im kinda lacking a dive buddy. Ive got three days in a row off and im wondering if anybody would be gracious enough to give me a tour of any of the local lakes. I've got over 30 dives in cold water in SoCal so anything over 50 degrees is no problem. So, anybody feel like diving Clarks Hill, Jocassee, or lake Lanier (or any other divable body of water within 3 hours of atlanta) with me? thanks!

hey yall, I live in Atlanta and have been diving for over a year (mostly in Los Angeles) and im just aching to get into the water but have never dove any of the lakes around. None of my friends are certified, so im kinda lacking a dive buddy. Ive got three days in a row off and im wondering if anybody would be gracious enough to give me a tour of any of the local lakes. I've got over 30 dives in cold water in SoCal so anything over 50 degrees is no problem. So, anybody feel like diving Clarks Hill, Jocassee, or lake Lanier (or any other divable body of water within 3 hours of atlanta) with me? thanks!

Hook up with diveprof. PM him about Sunday at Jocassee. He is a great buddy and will keep you out of trouble. He dives Clarks Hill frequently also. I just need more free time to join him more often!

Ive got a weird schedule, im working sunday but ive got thurs, fri, and saturday off. So if anybody is going out on those days it would be awesome. (i know most people have normal jobs and get the weekends off :wink: )

Several of us are doing the ramp Sunday - 10:00 -10:30 or so.

Wish I could make it, but Sundays are almost impossible. Need a good Saturday dive at Jocassee. How goes life, retired yet?

My wife and I took a ride up to Jocassee Dive shop to pick up my dry suite that Brandon was reattaching the suspenders that came loose. Great jog guys THANK YOU.After we picked it up we went to the lake so she could take some pictures. The lake was so calm and clear. mane I wish I had my gear I wanted to dive so bad . But I came up with my wife . I guess I can live with that We had a good time it was great to spend the day with her . I talked to a couple divers at the ramp they said the water temps were 54*F AND AT 110' WAS 46*F . talked to Trip at the shop and he said the wall/junk was at 52*F yesterday. The lake is warming up . Looks Like I can go back to the wet suite in a month or so.

It looks like I will be comeing up to Jocasse this weekend . We'.ll get there some where around 2:30 or 3:00 Sat. for a couple dives then we will be getting a Hotel and dive agian Sun. . What is the water temps like at this time? Maybe I will see some of you there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom