Jupiter, West Palm or Boynton?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Elena, I will! I will have to do some planning...Maybe start in Boynton and work our way up! I see that you are in the keys, that is our usual late summer plan. (We like it HOT...LOL) I looked into Garden Cove last year for they're 3 tank deal, but couldn't work it out. Maybe next year!

Which would be better in late August? Anything special about any of them that time of year? If not, which is has the better diving. I've heard good things about all of them, just need help deciding.

Thanks!

Book your first dive in Boynton. The currrent is less, vis is usually better, the dives are often shallower and the reefs have more coral.

If those first dives seem challenging, then stay in Boynton or try WPB.. If you want a little more challenging conditions and a better chance to see sharks etc. then book Jupiter after you are sure you and your spouse have drift diving mastered.

A strong YES to all - these locations represent the best diving in FL, although the Keys get more press.

My favorite.....Jupiter of course (any time of the year!), w/ Jupiter Dive Center!

Book your first dive in Boynton. The currrent is less, vis is usually better, the dives are often shallower and the reefs have more coral.

If those first dives seem challenging, then stay in Boynton or try WPB.. If you want a little more challenging conditions and a better chance to see sharks etc. then book Jupiter after you are sure you and your spouse have drift diving mastered.

I'm fine with drift dives, my wife however will be doing her first on Sunday in Cozumel. This should be interesting...

A strong YES to all - these locations represent the best diving in FL, although the Keys get more press.

My favorite.....Jupiter of course (any time of the year!), w/ Jupiter Dive Center!

Absolutely agree. And not only is the diving better in Palm Beach/ Jupiter/Boynton-Delray, the Dive Resorts of Palm Beach offer exponentially more than anything you can find in the Keys, Cayman, pretty much anywhere else in this hemisphere. Better Luxary accommodations at prices aimed at most diver's, world class food and dining where the other destinations have food below Dennies in quality, and shopping and entertainment on a scale also far beyond any other Dive Resort destinations in this hemisphere....

The first three Dive Resorts for Palm Beach are the Hilton Oceanfront Resort on Singer Island , and joined in the next 2 weeks by the Marriott oceanfront in Delray Beach and the Jupiter Beach Resort. Each property will have amazing dive perks that have been in the works for several months now, with this new Dive Resort initiative. Things like $120 room nights for rooms that would otherwise sell for over$200 per night, and no need for a rental car since diver's get to use the free hotel shuttle bus to get to the boats, or anywhere on singer island, special diver menus , and on and on!!!

The next issue of the South Florida Dive Journal will have a big article covering the entirety of this resort development.

.....and the Jupiter Beach Resort. Each property will have amazing dive perks that have been in the works for several months now, with this new Dive Resort initiative. Things like $120 room nights for rooms that would otherwise sell for over$200 per night, and no need for a rental car since diver's get to use the free hotel shuttle bus to get to the boats, or anywhere on singer island, special diver menus , and on and on!!!

The next issue of the South Florida Dive Journal will have a big article covering the entirety of this resort development.

That's HUGE NEWS !!! I've seen the Jupiter Beach Resort for well over $400 a night with a minimum stay requirement. Can you re-post a flag/link when the Journal comes out for those of us in central Florida ( & elsewhere) that don't get the publication?

That's HUGE NEWS !!! I've seen the Jupiter Beach Resort for well over $400 a night with a minimum stay requirement. Can you re-post a flag/link when the Journal comes out for those of us in central Florida ( & elsewhere) that don't get the publication?

Sure. The South Florida Dive Journal is at

South Florida Dive Journal > Home

The last issue shows divers how to find the exact type of dive site they are dreaming about, and how to get on a boat that will drop them on it, the way they are looking for ( macro photographers at slow or no pace, versus high speed cruisers being on completely different dives :)

Just so you know, the South Florida Dive Journal was the FIRST real magazine on the Internet...not to sound too much like Al Gore :D
Sandra and I started it in 1993, when the only thing even close to it then was a site called Mosaic. Other than that, back then the internet was about search engines for research papers, and list serves....We still have many of the old issues up, though the formatting is poor now, due to all the changes in browsers and how html is written. All the old issues still have good info on them, but the new format we have now will be alot more appealing.

We just started the SFDJ up again around Christmas, after a hiatus of about 10 years.
We have huge plans on how we can help divers have BETTER dives in South Florida.
SFDJ will never be like "other magazines".

The next issue, the Reinvention of the Dive Resort issue, is not just a fluff piece....I spent the last 5 months working with the dive boats and hotels to actually create the Dive Resort product, that I think divers are looking for. In the future, new issues will continue to involve our attempts to add experience potential to diving, not just report on it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom