OMS back plate/Inspiration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abyssalblue

Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to replace the standard AP valves BCD on the Inspiration with a OMS backplate/Bladder? If so is it easy
? Thanks

Todd

Yes, plenty do it. You will probably have to cable tie the top of the OMS bladder together a bit, or it will push up and stretch the OTS hoses and may pop them off (not good!!)

Just test it carefully once its on. The Inspirations bolts are the standard 11" spacing and thread

Pictures on my site as usual of how to do it if your unsure (cept its a Portland plate and a Dive Rite wing)

abyssalblue:
Is it possible to replace the standard AP valves BCD on the Inspiration with a OMS backplate/Bladder? If so is it easy
? Thanks

Todd
I use the 100lb bungied wing, even when fully inflated I have had no issues...

I agree with Madmole, I have replaced mine with a dive right Al backplate and dual bladder with no problems at all.
Duncan

Another question:
Is it possible to replace the standard soft harness on the Inspiration with a Halcyon SS backplate/harness?

padiscubapro:
I use the 100lb bungied wing, even when fully inflated I have had no issues...

You put the BWOD on the YBOD?????? GI3 (God Incarnated for the 3rd time) will blast your soul, boy!!!! :11:

Back
Top Bottom