spearfishing large fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My question is what is the largest fish you can shoot, with out it dragging you all over the lake/ocean? with out being secured to a boat or any thing

Assuming the shot is not perfect : the size of the largest fish YOU can shoot without it dragging you all over the lake/ocean is directly proportional to YOUR physical strength and experience handling fish.

Assuming the shot is not perfect : the size of the largest fish YOU can shoot without it dragging you all over the lake/ocean is directly proportional to YOUR physical strength and experience handling fish.

You are always so rational!:daydreaming:

no matter what just have fun doing it, you will learn from trial and error......gill plate and between eye socket prime target area......less fighting with the pray.....and less atraction for sharks. have fun n good luck.

I was wondering whats the largest fish one is capable to land(meaning shoot and get it to the boat/shore).

Pretty f'ing big - but shooting something that big is not for rookies. Or even for most veterans.

Pshpo2tuna-753396.jpg

big-marlin.jpeg

200lb-doggie.jpg

Here is an easy rule, if their fins are bigger than yours leave 'em alone. :wink:

I usually just use my spear for getting bait.

I am a big guy and I shoot big fish but I had a 35# cobia take me from 100' to the surface in about 5 seconds....you are in his world and there is no magic size that you can say wont cause you an issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom