GLWC Spring M&G April 15-17, 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im 99.9% out :( I want to go diving, my bank account.. disagrees. See you all in the fall!

It looks like I'll likely be up on saturday for the day/evening. I just made a small investment which I'll hopefully be bringing to MnG to tweak and work out 0:) but after the investment the funds arent there to support a whole weekend and the cost of the cider :( (yes, the cider is expensive to make). I'll look into something to bring for the feast and I'll post it soon as I figure it out.

Hey all:

I'm curious if anyone has an extra size medium dry suit they might be able to bring to the M&G. I'd like to bring my daughter, but she won't dive wet that early in the year. She is about 5'8" (not sure if she needs a small or medium...I'm guessing medium).

If you have one, could you let me know if it is possible to borrow it for a couple of dives at the M&G?

Thanks;

John Walko

John, Get in touch with John Craig I think he said he had one that my wife could try out to see if it's something she'd like to do.

Hey all:

I'm curious if anyone has an extra size medium dry suit they might be able to bring to the M&G. I'd like to bring my daughter, but she won't dive wet that early in the year. She is about 5'8" (not sure if she needs a small or medium...I'm guessing medium).

If you have one, could you let me know if it is possible to borrow it for a couple of dives at the M&G?

Thanks;

John Walko

I'll have one she can use when im not diving. im 5'7 145# As of current I am planning to be up Saturday only.

John, Get in touch with John Craig I think he said he had one that my wife could try out to see if it's something she'd like to do.

I've dove johns suit that's been for sale. Its an excellent drysuit but its a bit tall depending what you're looking for. I'm 5'7 145# and it was for someone about 6" taller than me. I would have bought it if I was taller (or the suit shorter).

Ok...in previous years, people brought breakfast for Saturday morning. I don't see anything on the list, so in addition to Sausage and Peppers for Friday, I'll bring two-dozen eggs and rolls for Saturday breakfast.

I'll bring typical condiments and spices, but won't have any silverware. I can add some paper plates and paper towels. I'll have a Coleman stove and will bring a pan/skillet and lifter for the eggs.

Any one want to bring some bacon/Canadian bacon? How about cheese? Silverware (Plastic knives, forks, spoons)? Plastic/Styrofoam cups?

Can anyone think of anything else that we might want/need?

Thanks;

John Walko

Well...things just aren't working out for me on this one. :depressed: Dive safe, have fun, and try not to do anything around the fire that will cause psychological scaring. :D

Also, since Mitten isn't coming, we won't have "the tub" to get things like plates, cups, knives, forks, and spoons, napkins, so maybe it should be BYO on that kind of stuff. What do ya think?

Whew, after plunking down a big deposit on a dive trip, I thought the potential furlough was gonna kill my MnG trip. Glad that was averted. I may alter my food contribution as the mobile over (Ted's trailer) will not bet there to heat up ziti.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom