Cendrawasih bay Indonesia anyone been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Travelnsj

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I may have an opportunity to go on a unique trip to Cendrawasih Bay in spring 2012. It will be a LOB from Sorong to Cendrawasih looking for and studying/filming WhaleSharks, Croc's and Leatherbacks. Anyone done a trip like this or been in those areas for diving?...any info is appreciated.

Unfortunately I've never been myself, but we're putting a trip to Cendrawasih Bay as well!

I heard whale sharks for Cendrawasih Bay.

Rina could be the trip I am talking about....sent you an email.

Watch the video of the whaleshark encircling the 2 divers - New video – from Richard Houghton Scubasigns Foundation :D
I think you will have a wonderful trip!

Hi,

I just got back from the Ahe Dive Resort in Cenderawasih Bay, West Papua, Indonesia and we had the opportunity to dive with the whale sharks and it was wonderful!

The trip itself is long and the resort needs some improvement in its operations, but the diving with the whale sharks more than makes up for any hardships.

Our first dive with them had us in the water with 8 whalesharks, measuring from 15 to 30 feet long. They stayed, played and interacted with us for the whole 2 hour dive (20 to 40 feet depth); coming straight at you, playing with our bubbles and checking us out with just as much curiosity.

It was glorious and they are majestic, graceful, lovely creatures.

You should have a great time.

Aoo..we thought about ahe resort but were not sure about it since Pat and leen the managers left. so im going to go there 22july-02 August 2012 on Damai II. those whalesharks are different and not scared with bubbles. i cant wait!

Rina...any update on your trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom