Anybody diving for Megs this winter??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I assume it's a Sand Tiger. Do you keep your goody bag hooked on the front of your BC while searching, does it work alright? I generally just stuff my BC pockets and only use my bag for bottles.

I usually keep it hook to the BC as I lost one goodie bag with teeth and pottery in it. It works alright but not the best, I need to come up with a spring on the handle to make it an automatic closing mouth. That way I can open it to insert finds and as soon as I let go, it closes.

That's why I started using my BC pockets. In goes the loot then zip it shut, smaller quality teeth usually go inside my glove on top of my hand. Holding a light in one hand and a river pick in the other is begging for a lost bag, at least for me it is.

Crappy picture but it's the only one I have.

1226465952_smYPq-L.jpg

I like it, did you make it yourself? I am looking for someone to make me a better one. One that has a heavy handle to help drive that spike in like maybe a brass handle.

I like it, did you make it yourself? I am looking for someone to make me a better one. One that has a heavy handle to help drive that spike in like maybe a brass handle.

A friend made it for me. I've asked him if he was interested in making more but he was non-commital. Too busy I guess.

A friend made it for me. I've asked him if he was interested in making more but he was non-commital. Too busy I guess.

That usually is the way it goes, lol If I was still down in Savannah, I could have one made at my old work place but I am not there.

I am keeping my eye out at work here for a scrap piece of brass, :wink: and some stainless steel, lol then I'll make my own when no one is looking:eyebrow:

Hey I see your set up on tooth baggie, can you post a better pic whole thing, Id like to have my gear ready for the tooth pulling trip!!!

STEVE

Found a nice tapir on the Wakulla last weekend one tank dive, other guy got cold! Go figure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom