Divator rubber stains/discoloration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Good afternoon,

I was wondering what the best way to ckean the rubber on a Divator MKII is. I have slight discoloration, doesnot affect use, but I want it to look better. Thanks again

Mild soap and water is the best, scrub it lightly if necessary with a light nylon brush. What kind of discoloration? Mildew, Betadine? Is it a gray mask turning brown?

just discolored, been sitting for a while, got the majority of it off. LOL, yeah betadine would leav some stains too

The gray rubber masks are know to do this. I believe this alone does not mean there is an issue with the mask but inspect it closely for cracking becuase it could be that it needs to be replaced. The great thing abot these masks is how easy it is to replace components. I have replaced my visor, rubber skirt, inner mask valves without any issues.

Good Luck,

Mark D.

Back
Top Bottom