hd videos crashing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big fish63

Contributor
Reaction score
when i want to watch a hd movie someone has posted a lot of the time it crashes my laptop and sends it into into a frenzy, which basically results in me shutting it down!

a good example is on the howard hall website. if i click to watch one of the videos and then try and maximize it to full screen the music seems to play but i will see a blank screen or it will crash!! sometimes its fine though? i watch hd movies ive downloaded all of the time with no problems??

just wondering if anyone else experiences the same problem?

my laptop is fairly new (Christmas) and its a new dell model as far as i know. from researching on the internet i have found its probably to do with my browser firefox and adobe not working well together...

Modern computers with the latest operating systems (windows 7 etc) should have no issues with HD videos!!

i doubt its my laptop theres quite a bit about this subject on the net. i download 1080p movies never had a glitch. surprised no one else has had any problems. what web browsers are people using?

I have no problems viewing HD videos on the various sites like vimeo, youtube, exposure room, etc. on any of the computers I use. Work, home, wife's. Use firefox and internet explorer and different Widows OS.

I believe Howard Hall has vimeo links on his site. Do you have problems with all vimeo videos ? What about Internet Explorer ?

Try playing them in IE. If that still has the issue update your video card if your driver are up to date. Also make sure you have the newest version of adobe flash player. Then download the new codecs and you should be good. The K-lite codec pack contains all the newest codecs to be able to play virtually any file type.

Codecs.com :: Download latest audio codecs, video codecs, codec packs and tools, FREE!

Free-Codecs.com :: Download K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 7.0.0 : The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack includes the K-Lite Codec Pack Full, QuickTime Alternative, Real Alternative support and Monkey's Audio DirectShow decoder.

i installed safari to try a different browser and it works with no problems... but safari is so slow compared to firefox so i will keep that installed for general browsing.

The problem was adobe flash player crashing firefox and internet explorer. i cant believe with all the resources they have this problem occurs.

Back
Top Bottom