Holguin - Playa pesquero

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually bring my gear but rentals are recent. They had to buy all new equipment 2 years ago after a hurricane passed through...

No need to contact anyone. The dive shop is located at the end of the beach, on the East side (right side when locking at the sea)

Don't know about the bull shark dive.

I just came back from Playa Pesquero 4 weeks ago and had a blast. Keep in mind that they just got a new bigger boat and Blue World diving center is now the only dive shop servicing the Paradisus, Luna, and playa Pesquero hotels (I am not counting the one in Guardalavaca and the one by the marina, I find these are too far). Having said that, the dives are now much more crowded and the rental equipment goes fast, so I would definitely consider bringing your own gear.

Also since the new boat can no longer come close to the shore, you get to do "3 dives in one" :) You have to swim to and back from boat for each dive.

TIP: if you are staying at Playa Pesquero, call the dive shop from the hotel around 8:15am. They will send a small bus to pick you up around 8:35am. The same bus will take you back to the hotel at the end of the dive(s).

Can you use Visa at the dive shop?

Nope - cash only. However, I am pretty sure that some people were able to prepay at their hotel (don't know if they were able to use VISA for that).

Can you use Visa at the dive shop?

Christian, we arrive on the Friday. Not sure if we'll dive over the weekend, but we'll try to do the Monday morning dive.

I believe the Bull shark dive you mention is down the coast at Santa Lucia .
Having dove all thru Cuba the dives at Lucia are the second best the island offers.
First choice by a mile would be Maria La Gorda on the western most tip.

BTW the shop is closed on Sundays.

Christian, we arrive on the Friday. Not sure if we'll dive over the weekend, but we'll try to do the Monday morning dive.

Nope - cash only. However, I am pretty sure that some people were able to prepay at their hotel (don't know if they were able to use VISA for that).

Dive shop do not accept Visa. You have to pay with Cuban currency that you can get with your Visa card at the hotel. However, your bank will apply charges as it is considered a cash withdrawl on a credit card. You may also prefer to bring more canadian $ to avoid those charges.

Having dove all thru Cuba the dives at Lucia are the second best the island offers.
First choice by a mile would be Maria La Gorda on the western most tip.
It may be more difficult to reach Maria La Gorda (Big Mary)... As far as I am concerned, Cayo Largo should also be considered as one of the best diving destination in Cuba.

It may be more difficult to reach Maria La Gorda (Big Mary)... As far as I am concerned, Cayo Largo should also be considered as one of the best diving destination in Cuba.

I would agree that Cayo Largo , Isle of Youth, the Jardines , Cayo Levista should also be added to the list of very good Cuba diving.
I forgot to qualify what was In my opinion as the best available on the mainland .
As for getting to La Gorda , round trip shuttle's from Havana are available for those not wanting to rent a car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom