You know you're a scuba diver when...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

....when you're more concerned about losing weight to fit in to your drysuit than your wedding dress.

Okay, this would be me. When I'm buying something other than dive gear I think of what kind of gear I could be getting instead.

Oh, I've got a good one....When you drive around for six months with a big dent in your driver's side door. I won't get it repaired because I'd much rather use that $600 for gear rather than a new door. (I ran into a cement barrier at the gas station...oops)

You drive arourd with a repetitive rattling from under your vehicle, cause you wanted a new reg rather than a clutch!!!:D

You decide that neoprene needs to be bottled as a perfume/cologne and decide that it needs to be called "Wet Rubber No. 5".

Yes, there was alcohol involved with that brainstorm. :cheers:

......when you do not like winters, do not participate in any winter outside activities but enjoy cutting a hole in the ice and diving!

SwimmingHands031311.jpg

When you ask a complete stranger of the opposite sex to pull your zipper down without thinking anything unusual about it.

...when you can never get around to booking that trip to Disney World with the family because you know it'll be at least twice as expensive and twice as long once you include the cave diving that you'll have to get in while you're there.

...when you forego homeowners insurance because the only thing of value in your house is your dive equipment and the premiums alone could be spent on a new set of strobes!

...when you save and save and save for the drysuit only to realize that only one isn't enough.

...when you start to prefer the wagon version over the sport coupe.

...when you've seen your wife wearing neoprene more times than wearing lingerie, and that's okay.

...when your spouse refuses to watch a Hollywood movie with you that features diving scenes since she'll have to endure your rants about all the implausible scenarios.

...when you can't seem to schedule a one or two week period you'll be out of the water when you can go ahead and get your regs serviced.

...when you fatasize about installing a small booster in your apartment and hope that your neighbors and landlord won't notice.

...when the first question you ask everyone in a new group setting is, "So, do any of you dive?"

...when you still drive to dive sites on bad weather days just to see if anyone else got in.

...when the LDS comes to you for inventory advice.

...when you hear of a tsunami somewhere, your first thoughts are, "I hope no one was diving near shore!"

...when your credit card flags a purchase as "suspicious" because it wasn't made at a dive shop.

....when you can't afford to buy anything, but you still make daily, 2-hour stops at the LDS.

.....when you just got your OW C-Card and you're already planning your first Tec dive.

......when you are happy to clean the LDS pool by hand, for free just to have more pool time, which you already get for free.

When you look out at a marsh (New England for nasty swamp area) and wonder if it would be possible to dive there... :D:D

Kristophe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom