American Dive Center in Coral Springs FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our customer came back to us after he had had the regulator serviced at the second shop. He sought a refund for the full cost of the service, which I did not have the authority to give and was inconsistent with our posted policy, and our parts and labor certainly had been invested in the regulator.

Nonetheless, I advocated for him within our little company and I was authorized to offer store credit here for the value of every cent he had spent on the second service at the other store. This is probably more than what most mechanics or technicians across industries would offer if a customer was unhappy with the outcome of their service and had it revisited somewhere else, then came to the first provider for money back.

He thought about it, but eventually decided not to take it and to pursue a credit card chargeback instead. This was decided in our favor, and this was the last we heard until seeing this thread. I am very sorry it all came to this.

Jonathan at ADC, 954 346 0174

... a credit card chargeback instead. This was decided in our favor, and this was the last we heard until seeing this thread. ...

Sounds like you all (ADC) did the best you could- Honest mistakes happen. I'm sure you all offer some sort of warranty/guarantee for a specified length of time just like I do. If communication was not the problem, the customer would have been aware of this and should have brought it back to your shop for a retune at no additional cost.....

there is something to say about a lack of planning on the customers part also. Slander on a public forum because you didnt get your way is not the answer.

For the record, how much time went by between the time the reg was serviced and the time the freeflow was discovered?

The other huge mistake was not checking/diving your regulator before heading off on a dive trip. My past experiences are that the likely hood of regulator failure/multifunction is much higher after service.

Yup! And the OP stated that they had their reg "serviced in a rush," which is also foolish. I bet his trip to the Virgin Islands wasn't a last minute plan, so he should have had plenty of time to service and dive it.

The shop's response was right on. He should have returned it to them to sort out. The shop credit should have been used and not thrown back. Once the credit card company denied his claim, he then came to us for a bash.

Not cool.:shakehead:

This why I stand by my post - the OP "neglected" to mention the CC companies denial.

This is also why in many cases the OP looks bad when the other side is given as there is almost always 2 sides, and some piece of the puzzle is almost always left out!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom