France in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwalsh787

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I will be traveling to Lyon in mid-April and am wondering about the possibility of getting some diving in. I will have access to a car, so some driving would not be a big issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

:D

Mike

from Lyon, you can dive lakes in Switzerland or Alps, but with a dry suit.
Else you can drive near Marseille or Toulon, water will probably be around 16°C/60°F
300 to 400 km/190 to 400 miles

Patrick, I'm not sure than 400km = 400 miles, Maybe 249 miles. :D:rofl3:

From Lyon to Marseille, there is also the TGV (high-speed train).

Hello All,

I will be traveling to Lyon in mid-April and am wondering about the possibility of getting some diving in. I will have access to a car, so some driving would not be a big issue.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

:D

Mike

Hi Mike

Could you tell me more about your diving experience and interrests

Looks like I might have to be the Michelin man...that might be a long drive! Thanks so much for the responses thus far!

As far as my diving experience goes, it is mostly warm water in Grand Cayman, South Carolina, Florida and Mexico, although I recently started doing some cooler water diving. I have about 55 dives logged at this point, everything from deep dives in Cayman and Florida to a good bit of drift diving in both Florida and Mexico. I am very interested in wrecks and have had the opportunity to dive a good many here in SC as well as in Bermuda.

I not terribly interested in wreck penetration or more technical aspects of diving at this point, but mainly interested in fun, relaxed and safe dives.

In terms of training, I have my Advanced Open Water and Nitrox certs and am, as we speak, working on my Rescue Diver course, which I will have finished by the time I go.

I hope thathelps to give you a better sense of me as a diver:D

Thanks again for your willingness to help!

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom