Update on gri & liz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvrliz1

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi. This is Ed. I am not too good with computers, but Liz asked me to let everyone know what is going on.

She is not doing to good. We have to go back to the US for her surgery. She has to have about 3 or more surgeries to correct problems from surgeries she has had before.

She will recover, but it will take a long time. We are waiting on the insurance here on Bonaire to give us a letter so she can be treated abroad and be covered. The doctors already said they cannot treat her here.

She is on big pain meds, so right now she sleeps a lot. If she tries to go and do something, she swells up, and gets worse in pain. The doctors in the US say that the surgeries should fix everything.

We have accepted a contract on Golden Reef. Right now it is easier for us to rent long term. Liz cannot work right now, so this is the best thing for us.

She says thank you all for your support. I am trying to work things out in the business, but I ran the maintenance side, and not the business side. I am working to get everything straight. She did it all on the business side, so this is very new to me.

Thank you all for understanding.
Ed

Sorry to her this Ed. We are thinking of her. I am not too far away so if I can do something for you two, let me know.

Herman, thanks, I will talk to Liz, I see you live in Raleigh. Liz will be going to Duke for her surgeries. I/We may need a short term rental for a few months. Liz will be in the hospital for 2 surgeries, probably 10 days to 2 weeks, then she will need to be close to the hospital for the next few months, then hopefully a 3rd surgery to put everything back together. If you know of anything that would be good. Thanks.

Don't know of a place to rent but I am 30-45 minutes from Duke, if there is anything I can do, let me know.

Ed, You and Liz are in our
thoughts and prayers. PLEASE keeps informed.

I am about the same distance from Duke (work at the "other" hospital). As far as short term rentals in the area. I can think of a couple of options. Homestead studios in Durham is one option. My inlaws looked at one in Raleigh for a short stay, but decided against it. It is a little cramped, but it would be hard to beat the price. If you stay 90 days, you are refunded all of the hotel taxes which makes it about 30-35 a night. You could also find an apartment that will let you do a short lease. There are some in Raleigh that will, it gets more expensive, probably looking at 800 a month, plus you have utilities and need to rent furniture. I am sure if you contact Duke they might be able to give you more specific options. You are in good hands there, they are one of the best in the world.

Just beware, Duke is not in the best neighborhood, you might find some really cheap places, but they may be priced that way for a reason.

also try craigslist, there might be someone who is trying to sublet a place

Ed & Liz..Best wishes to the both of you as you go through this ordeal. I hope the docs at Duke can work their magic on Liz. She will be getting excellent med care there.

Back
Top Bottom