Bohol or Davao area, which has the best diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem of diving in Davao is lack of divers during weekday. I have to charter my own small banca. Weekend is much better. Enjoyed Big Ligid Island.
Three dive operators all clustered at the entrance to Santa Ana Wharf. Avoid W&W.
Bohol is so much better though.
While in Davo you should try Gen Santos which is only 3hrs away by bus. Tinoto's Wall is very good and so is The Sandbar but do try those outer reefs at Maasim and Chapter.

I beg to disagree with you sir.
I live here in Davao and been diving for more than 4 years. and for the last 2 years, we have been diving for almost 4x a week rain or shine. There are organized dives in which everyone are free to join. Its only a matter of contacting the right person which in your case, you did not.

I have been to various dive sites like in anilao, moalboal, dos palmas, Surigao, Boracay, Kota Kinabalu. What I say is that each site has its own beauty and adventure to offer.
With the right contact person and having an experienced dive master/instructor/guide, Im 100% sure that you will enjoy every dive wherever it may be.

peace!

I beg to disagree with you sir.
I live here in Davao and been diving for more than 4 years. and for the last 2 years, we have been diving for almost 4x a week rain or shine. There are organized dives in which everyone are free to join. Its only a matter of contacting the right person which in your case, you did not.

please do enlighten us with more info

Another vote for going the extra yard and heading for Cabilao. I was more than impressed with the diving. Truly world-class tropical sea life, and the best macro stuff I've seen anywhere.

Ninja edit - anywhere in the Phils, that is.

please do enlighten us with more info

for those who want to experience diving in Davao, please feel free to contact the following dive masters/guide:

Maeng - +639164460841
Yoyong - +639393882687

You may also send me a message or call me at 09209508699. Im willing to lend a hand I any way I can.

What Davao can offer for divers is the natural beauty of Davao gulf. You can do deep dive/wall dive at Masud Wall, Talicud Island. Fun dive at the coral garden, Talicud Island. Adventure/fun/deep dive at White Rock, Tagpupungan.

Just contact the persons above and give to them your schedule/itinerary so that they can include you or advise you if they have an organized dive.

thanks!

where is frank's number?

i'm glad maeng's still in the game. i know he's a great guide.

you forgot to mention ligid, tagbaobo & aundanao (and bak-bak, not that it's a dive site).

where is frank's number?

you forgot to mention ligid, tagbaobo & aundanao (and bak-bak, not that it's a dive site).

We used to have our beer deco at bak-bak. :D

where is frank's number?

------------

Dizon wall, Talisay wall, Pog and so so....

Hello Bing,

Still diving huh?:happywave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom