what do you think of this light for cave wreck diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubamedicjoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Custom Dive Rite LUX-4 LED Canister Light

Dive Rite LUX-4 Canister Light
Last year we sold an incredible number of the Dive Rite LUX canister dive light utilizing a 3 LED array for $499. Unfortunately Dive Rite was unable to make enough to satisfy demand and many missed out on that opportunity. Dive Rite has recently been able to supply us a limited production quantity of the light, but using a newer 4 LED array that's even brighter with a better beam pattern than the original LUX. Comparing favorably with their $899 RX2 light, the LUX-4 canister light is an exceptional value at $499. We've purchased the entire production run of these lights because this is again the best deal we have ever seen on a true canister light for experienced divers.

Click on the picture at left for more information and to order. Supply is very limited.

LED LUX4 Light System by Dive Rite - Dive Gear Express

Greetings medic13 let me premise these statements with the fact that I had to rent the older 3 LED LUX when my primary melted down this past October.
I used the light and it performed very well not overly bright but enough light and oddly enough by the end of the week I was very pleased.

I think you were wise to keep the toggle switch on the can.
Personally I do not like the current turn switch on the DR lights. JMOP!
$499. is a great price and you should do well with them.

I also had the opportunity to run the Light Monkey LED and it is a fine light as well.
I do like their turn switch on the head, very simple and easy to use.
With the ruggedness of the LED it will not be long many tech or cave divers will find themselves with LEDs.
The back up LED lights are just plain awesome, rugged, durable, dependable with regular battery replacement.

CamG Keep Diving....Keep Training....Keep Learning!

I agree light monkey are great lights but cant beat the price also the light switch is older style not the turn type .
think you were wise to keep the toggle switch on the can
I think with there newer light they will find that out later on . best price i seen for a decent canister light .

I'll have to tell me brother about this light, he is looking around for one. Not sure what his budget is, but at $500 this one is hard to beat. Although $250 more gets the LM 12W (my primary, that I love).

My buddy has the LED Lux w/ 3 LEDs and he likes his a lot. Is the 4 LED model any tighter of a spread or is it more of a flood?

I was told from dive rite when i called was little tighter for money couldnt pass up since i have one of the big old original HID 10watt lights just got me worried when it goes what am i going to do about replacing the HID bulb

I was told from dive rite when i called was little tighter for money couldnt pass up since i have one of the big old original HID 10watt lights just got me worried when it goes what am i going to do about replacing the HID bulb

If it is the MR11 HID head then DiveRite do an upgrade to a 3 LED 1000 Lumen unit for IIRC not much more than the cost of a replacement HID bulb.

I had mine upgraded last year when my HID bulb broke and I'm very pleased with the result. Top notch service from DiveRite too.

I think this $499 deal isn't quite as bright as the MR11 upgrade, I think it runs at something like 650 lumen.

Dive Rite lights are crap compared to the Light Monkey ones. Spend a few extra bucks and get the 12W LED from LM.

I wouldn't say they are crap i had my wreck canister light since 1997 and still going strong not many lights pout there can say that .
they are not same light for price nothing wrong with the dive rite if i had extra money be different
to be honest Light monkey only be around little while like 2006 yes good light but too young to say any better than any others
just my thoughts

I have only known one person personally to have any issues with Dive Rite lights. Mine has around 350 hours on it and is beat to hell and back. A friend of mine put over 3000 hours on his. I dont like LEd primarys but what you like is what you should get. I do like Joel and the people of Light Monkey. They make some awesome lights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom