Clarks Hill/Thurmond Augusta, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Ken, I've been following your drysuit adventures. Each year I keep thinking about biting the bullet and making the investment. Then Spring gets here and I forget how cold it was. If I lived 10 feet further North I would definitely be diving dry :D Maybe next year....[/QUOTE
Jeremy gave me a great deal I couldn't pass up and the last Lake Lanier dive Tony and me tried . got in the water droped down to 5' I hade a problem staying down came up Tony came up and said he was thumbing the dive . I was totaly OK with that. The water was 45* at the surface . air temp was in the 34* to 36*. that made the decision to go dry and buy a drysuit final. The ramp is open know you'l have to come up to jocassee on the 19th. Tony and me are going to practice diving dry

Any Jocassee dives coming up soon?

Yes, we plan to try to get up there in the next few weeks (looking for a weekend w/o rain and warmer air temps as we would like to be able to do two dives. We just got back from a long weekend at W.Palm (Lemon, nurse sharks and reef sharks, many goliath grouper, turtles every dive, and one dive with over 15 eels (3 out swimming). We also did the awesome Blue Heron Bridge dive. This weekend we are in the lake (Clarks Hill) vis has been great - 15' or so .

Yes, we plan to try to get up there in the next few weeks (looking for a weekend w/o rain and warmer air temps as we would like to be able to do two dives. We just got back from a long weekend at W.Palm (Lemon, nurse sharks and reef sharks, many goliath grouper, turtles every dive, and one dive with over 15 eels (3 out swimming). We also did the awesome Blue Heron Bridge dive. This weekend we are in the lake (Clarks Hill) vis has been great - 15' or so .

Tony and myself will be there the 20th possibly the ramp. Maybe we will see you there

Tony and myself will be there the 20th possibly the ramp. Maybe we will see you there

That would be great. Would enjoy seeing y'all again. I truly love the ramp dives. Throw in a bit of nitrox and the extended time in the trees is a bit otherworldly. Catfish running up and down the trees rather than squirrels. Deep trees are nice too, but more chance of entanglement. The base of some of those trees is a brushpile (that's deep though 140+ or so). We are still diving wet (semidrys) so we are holding out for a bit warmer air for the surface interval. 20th sounds good if the air temps are comfortable. I'm hoping this warmer weather will continue! I am ready for summer.

Dive safe
Andy

Just let me know when!

Will do. We are watching the weather for a good weekend (warm and no rain) - hoping for the 19th.

Keep me posted. This coming Saturday will probably be the last chance for a while. You know, this medical school thing and all... 4th year is coming up fast!

Hey everyone. I am in Roswell and looking to do some local diving this year. I am fairly new to diving. I got OW in 2009 but have not done much diving lately becasue I was just a vaction diver. I have done a few Cozumel trips and one trip to West Palm but that is it. Never done any lake diving. Let me know if you would ever be interested in a newbie tagging along.

Duane Hebert

Hey everyone. I am in Roswell and looking to do some local diving this year. I am fairly new to diving. I got OW in 2009 but have not done much diving lately becasue I was just a vaction diver. I have done a few Cozumel trips and one trip to West Palm but that is it. Never done any lake diving. Let me know if you would ever be interested in a newbie tagging along.

Duane Hebert

Welcome Duane. There is always some one diving at either Clerk Hill or Lake Jocassee. The divepro is allways there and the group he dives with . At Jocassee (South Carolina)you can find some one going diving or you can check with Jocassee dive shop and get on one of their boats ,it costs $40.00 1/2 DAY 2 TANK TRIP to the Wall / Junk /grave yard. If you are not up for paying for the boat you can go over to the Divers ramp some good diving there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom