where to buy CPR manikin and AED training device?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marmagi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

do you know any place online I can buy a cheap AED training simulator device
and a CPR manikin ?

where have you bougth it in order to teach EFR classes?

how much did it cost?

thanks

Mario

I don't know about cheap, but I believe you can order these through DAN. I doubt cheap though.

We just used Google when getting manikins, you can find any price you want with the quality pretty much matching the price. I couldn't even guess on the AED, since all of the trainers I've used so far have been real units with a training module inserted. Good luck :)

rligon

thanks, what manikin are you using? what AED with training module?

thanks

mario

Mario, I got my Laerdal little Annie manniken from AED superstore for $199. My Phillis HeartStart FR2+ came from DAN, but the training pack came from the AED superstore too. AED Superstore sells any supplies for AED or training you may need.

The Red Cross has an online store with unbeatable prices on training supplies:

I have their AED trainer and it works great. Can't beat it for Under $100.

American Red Cross AED Training Device with Carrying Case - Red Cross Store

And, no you do NOT have to be an ARC Instructor to buy from them.

I also stop by our local branch office to grab masks and key chain barriers to give to students, the prices are right!

Try eBay for a CPR manikin. Lots of them, and prices are all over the place, because there are several makers and, of course, offerings in various conditions. But some are very cheap. You can also check eBay for AED trainers.

Be careful when selecting the AED trainer to check whether it is the kind that comes with an adhesive metal strip that has to be stuck on the manikin to make it work. For most manikins it won't matter, but with some of the less expensive manikins (specifically the blue ones - I think from CPR Savers) the adhesive on the metal strip can peel off some of the manikin's surface when you take it off.

Also, I recommend getting an AED trainer that has multiple scenarios. It makes the class much more effective if you can switch it up a little between groups/partners, etc.

Sea Lioness,

thanks a lot for your post, can you tell me what CPR manikin and AED trainer you use? what brand? thanks

Mario

Sea Lioness,

thanks a lot for your post, can you tell me what CPR manikin and AED trainer you use? what brand? thanks

Mario

I use the inexpensive blue manikins. They are the "CPR Prompt" manikins. They're not as nice as some of the other ones out there, but they meet all the requirements, and are much more economical, especially if you buy them in the 5-pack.

I'm traveling right now, and can't recall the brand of AED trainer that I have, but it's one I got for less than $100 on ebay. My AED trainer doesn't have the metal strip I described in my earlier post, but one of the places where I offer DAN's Diving First Aid for Professional Divers courses has an AED trainer that does use the sticky metal strip I described. It's not a huge deal, I just leave the wax-paper-like backing on the strip and scotch tape it to the dummies during training. I just thought I'd let you know about it. The main reason I don't like having the sticky metal strip is that I feel like it could confuse my students in an actual emergency, since real AED's would never have a metal strip running between the pads.

Back
Top Bottom