Laguna Beach laws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I could answer, but I'm too lazy...

I already saw that and it didnt answer my question regarding snorkels or having to dive with a buddy that is why I asked here.

They use to enforce a no snokel no dive rule but I think that has been not enforced for some time. Other than that, dive and have fun.

Sorry, I always dive with a buddy there so I don't know if they still harrass you for solo diving.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved to SoCal for better info.

(B) Authorized Orders to Discontinue Skin Diving and Scuba Diving. Police officers, the city manager, or other employees of the city designated by the city manger to enforce skin diving and scuba diving regulations and control skin diving and scuba diving activities, may prohibit skin diving and scuba diving at any time diving conditions become hazardous as a result of storm, congestion of persons, lack of proper equipment (such equipment to include mask, fins, snorkel, buoyancy compensator, and diving partner) , or other conditions which cause a present danger to the person skin diving or scuba diving or to others. No person shall fail, refuse or neglect to stop skin diving and scuba diving activities or to leave the water when ordered to do so by any such employee of the city.

I don't know if anyone can confirm this, but I thought that I read in Ca Diving News (about a year ago) that Laguna did-away with the requirement for a snorkel and a buddy...anybody know if that's correct?

@EmptyTank
I can tell you from my own experience that they don't care if you have a buddy (but they may still be legally allowed to stop you...that's what I would like to know). I've done many solo dives in Laguna and have never been hassled. HOWEVER, I have all my own gear and a pony bottle...if you showed up in rental gear they might feel more inclined to question you. As far as the snorkel thing goes, I can't say for sure. When lifeguards were there during the summer, I brought a snorkel just to avoid potentially getting hassled...not sure if they would've cared if I didn't have one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom