Vintage double hose regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet collection. I always thought the one on the very left was a mistral (due to the yellow ID plate) and not an AM.

Congrats on the lighthead though! :)

Hi, when i started diving in Europe, we used Mistral which was very reliable and great performance, especially on deep dives.
I think they were made in france.
Suggest you try ebay france (ebay.fr) and search the words "plongee" (diving) and "detendeur" (regulator). Not sure if they still make spare parts.

You can get all the parts for all US Divers/Aqualung and Voit double hose regs including the Mistral. Check back in about 4 to 6 months and you should be able to get the parts for the Healthways regs - the main diaphram is in beta testing right now.

The new rubber parts are made of silicone and out perform and will last years compared to the old rubber and latex parts.

Sweet collection. I always thought the one on the very left was a mistral (due to the yellow ID plate) and not an AM.

Congrats on the lighthead though! :)

Okay, just came from Nautilus today (again)...

And I made a mistake! The DH on the far left really is a Mistral!

On the other hand, I did get the explorer, and now I'm upgrading it to a PRAM, and I'm also currently eyeing a 2nd RAM.

Addicting.

Okay, just came from Nautilus today (again)...

And I made a mistake! The DH on the far left really is a Mistral!

On the other hand, I did get the explorer, and now I'm upgrading it to a PRAM, and I'm also currently eyeing a 2nd RAM.

Addicting.

:rofl3: Doc do we need to come over there are intervene to save you from your addiction. You were warned. :)

Herman, in the 2 months since the bug bit, aside from the DH, I got 2 more LP72s, a backpack, a horsecollar, new fins (I didn't want my jets to leave my doubles set :D ) and an oval mask. Not to mention the books and other media I bought.

sincebugbit.jpg

Now I'm looking for a 2nd DH :p

Don't take my toys away from me!

(PS: please forgive the K valves - haven't rebuilt the Js yet. And the spring straps... old habits die hard)

I can take more shots of it, but here's a stock photo:

msk114.jpg

Aside form the DH, the others were acquired locally:

LP72s and back pack: Sulit.com. Passed a fresh hydro this March (1966 and 1972 tanks). This is in addition to my other LP72s that passed last year (1973 and '75).

Mask and horsecollar: Nautilus. I'm not sure if they have more stock of the horsecollar, as Aquatec discontinued the line already, and as far as I can remember, this horsecollar was hanging in the shop or the longest time... I guess it was just waiting for me to purchase it. The mask, they've still got lots of stock - albeit a bit dusty.

Fins: Since I had jets already, I didn't want to spend a gigantic fortune on a new set of rubber fins, so I got the very reasonably priced Aquamundo Agila fins. They kinda look like USD Rockets, but I've yet to try them in the water pa.

I got the tanks, pack, fins and mask for a little less than around $150. The horsecollar was different story though :p

Last edited:
Double hoses eh? Must have about 15-20 (I'll check when I get home). The RAM's quite nice, as is the Mistral, Healthways and Dacor Clipper, quite fond of the East German Medi, but the Voit 50 fathom's the best "diving" reg.

I have a couple of "non-diving" regs, but the pride of the collection is this baby: -

Regs003.jpg

I read your thread on that :D. Chip directed me to it. Have you ever dove it? How's the diving scene (vintage-wise) in PG when you're here?

This is MY pride and joy.

CanshotPRAMblack-1.jpg

Now it needs a brother. I'm actually looking at a possible RAM on eBay, but if that falls through, I may just go for either a Mistral or a Voit 50 Fathom :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom