Typical cost of DM course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would check that... in Australia they are two different payments made to two seperate organisations (even if you take out the "PADI" insurance which is underwritten by Willis)

I agree, PADI is not an insurance company, and therefore does not include insurance in their fees. They have an affiliation with an insurer, in Canada it's Barton, I can't remember who it is in the US.

I am considering beginning the PADI Divemaster course. From the research I've done already, I've found only a few LDS which post their prices for the course. Of the ones I've seen, it sounds as if $600 is an average price range for the course.

1. Is this a fairly standard cost for the this course or does it vary widely?

2. Have any of you heard of a "Pre-Application" specific to Texas residents? I've heard of it twice, but not sure what its about.

3. Is the DM application fee to PADI $120 or is this adjusted by the LDS?

Thanks.
The pre application fee is a result of a lawsuit back in the 80's It brought out the fact that you had to be an approved facility (school) to teach a professional level course unless the trainee was a member of the organization. So PADI has Texas DM students become members of PADI during the class.

Randy

Our cost was $500 plus our great 15% tax=$575. I knew there was an application fee for MSD, but didn't know there is one for DM.

there is one for every course, it's just sunk into the LDS price.

the blue forms that you fill out and stick your photo in cost money, which is why the LDS or resort dive centre implore you to not screw up filling it out.

Thank you for all the feedback. It sounds like the ballpark in this area will range $400-600. Thank you for explaining the Pre-Application, it makes sense. A lawsuit happens and regulations are put in place to "fix" the problem, gotta love government.

TMHeimer...I sent mine to PADI Canada 2 weeks ago (somewhere in BC)...107.00 including taxes and this was only for the application

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom