Diving in Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm near Kimberling, would love to meet up with others for some dives when it warms up (I'm diving wet, so I may have to wait until April.... :)

My wife and I used to enjoy going to Kimberling City for bass tournements. It was our favorite stop on the circuit. Someday I hope to go for a weekend of diving, see things from the other point of view. lol

My wife and I used to enjoy going to Kimberling City for bass tournements. It was our favorite stop on the circuit. Someday I hope to go for a weekend of diving, see things from the other point of view. lol

I know! I came here for the bass fishing, and now prefer swimming with them :D

If you do get to the area for that weekend, let me know. Table Rock is pretty murky the last couple years, but Beaver, just up the river, is pretty good.

The dive shop I work for runs trips down to Table Rock every couple of weeks starting ... soon... :)

They recently bought a used houseboat. i'll be down there a few times this summer... I'm in the KC area and up for diving anywhere else thats close (within a couple hours dive, i mean drive) on the weekends.

Merissa

I'm going to Table Rock tomorrow to do at least one dive.
I'll report back what the water temps are.

The dive shop I work for runs trips down to Table Rock every couple of weeks starting ... soon... :)

They recently bought a used houseboat. i'll be down there a few times this summer... I'm in the KC area and up for diving anywhere else thats close (within a couple hours dive, i mean drive) on the weekends.

Merissa

Hi!!!! I live in KC! What dive shop do you work at? How soon is soon? I'm ready!! Especially with how nice it is today!

We went to Jake's point yesterday & got in 2 dives.
Surface temps were about 46 degrees & it was 43 degrees at 50 ft.
Vis was about 15 ft. Ran into a couple of guys from Arkansas that were diving there also, one of the two was diving a 3mm (NUTS). After we were done diving we drove over to the damn to see how the construction on the new visitors center was going, they have started erecting the building so hopefully it will be done on time. At the damn we ran into a small group from Y Kiki divers out of St Louis had a nice chat with them. Anyway it was a great day of diving.

Last edited:
Im from Plattsburg MO, but to keep it simple I just tell people I'm from KC. I live about thirty minutes north. Theres a spring fed lake up here (more like a really big pond). I've been diving it about once a week since the beginning of march, and swimming in it for the past ten years. Right now the vis is maybe 8-10 feet. During the summer its about 10-15, which is great considering its mud bottom. Last week surface temp was 60F, but if you go to the bottom and over the spring area it drops to about 48f. So far the maximun depth I've came across was 28ft. Theres not much to see right now except fish, but during the summer when the vegetation is at its tallest, it creates a very interesting maze of hallways. I've also been told there is a bulldozer somewhere in there that got stuck when they were making it. Normally When the weather warms up they have a guard shack and you have to know someone that lives there. Luckily for me, one of my friends since childhood lives right next to the lake. If anyone is interested in diving it give me a holler. I'd like to get a group together and see if we can find the dozer.

We went to Jake's point yesterday & got in 2 dives.
Surface temps were about 46 degrees & it was 43 degrees at 50 ft.
Vis was about 15 ft. Ran into a couple of guys from Arkansas that were diving there also, one of the two was diving a 3mm (NUTS). After we were done diving we drove over to the damn to see how the construction on the new visitors center was going, they have started erecting the building so hopefully it will be done on time. At the damn we ran into a small group from Y Kiki divers out of St Louis had a nice chat with them. Anyway it was a great day of diving.

I was with the Y-Kiki group you met. Table Rock is my favorite MO dive site! Very sorry to be losing the Dewey Short Dam dive site to the new tourist building, though!! Still, it is just one of dozens of great dives on Table Rock, especially if you rent a pontoon boat for the day or weekend. Hope we run into you again later this year.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom