Twin 10L 300Bar or 12L 232Bar

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Enche

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Advice please. I have been diving in SE Asia for the last three years on alloy tanks either single or twins. I am now living in Germany and here they dive nearly always on steel. I was recently qualified IANTD Adv Rec Trimix and wish to go down the Tech route but I am having conflicting advice on what my twin set-up should be - twin 10l 300 Bar or twin 12l 232 Bar. I have been told I will have about an extra 8% more gas in 10l 300 Bar but it would weigh an extra 3.5Kg and they are about 7cm shorter. What would your advice be?

I'v used both, but went with 12 x 232 when I got my own. Weight, length, trim, the 12s were just more me.

Each to their own though, & there's nothing like trying out all the alternatives prior to parting with your hard earned.

I guess if you can try them both to see how they trim out, it would be the sanest thing to do.

I use 2x12 232 bar version, I have not much use for 300 bar tanks. And yes, you will have extra gas providing you can get them filled to 300 bar.

Also, the gas laws change a somewhat at pressures that high, just worth having that in mind, so getting 300 bar fills especially for trimix could be challenging depending on the location.

Kern and evil_xander - many thanks for your advice. I have had additional advice from other 'cold water' divers in the local area and I have decided to go for the 12l 232's.

Kindest regards.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom