Texas Dive Show worth going to?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The Texas Dive Show will be in Las Colinas (Irving) later on this month (Feb 25/26). I was thinking about stopping by.

I've heard that there are a lot of destination/resort places, but are there any equipment vendors there and can you buy gear there? I mainly want to go to see cool gear and perhaps add an item or two to my dive bag.

Yeah, I read through the web site and the list of exhibitors, but I'm still not sure what kind of a show it really is.

The show held in Frisco did not have a lot of cool gear and stuff.

I went a few years back when it was in Houston....I thought it was an ok show....mostly travel destinations but still enough gear to make it interesting....they had a few things for sale but no big gear.....and that was through a couple of local (Houston) dive shops....I did get Stan Waterman to autograph his book Sea Salt and purchased his dvd Blue Water White death.....probably would not travel to Hou/Dallas to go to it again

If you happen to live in Dallas, then go. If you are going to have to make a long drive (like myself) then I'd say forget it. Why you would move a Texas dive show further away from the coast and many of the major dive lakes, I have no idea. I have not been since Houston and have no plans to. Seaspace was much better, before it became the Texas Dive Show.

Seaspace did not become the Texas Dive Show. Seaspace quit holding the show and then turned its scholarship fund over to Texas A+M Galveston. Texas Dive Show has a different owner. Seaspace is being dissolved.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom