Cyprus-Zenobia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wa9857

Reaction score
Just returned from a trip to Cyprus and dove the Zenobia with Chris Martin from Alpha Divers in Larnaca. If you ever have the chance to dive the Zenobia you absolutely must. She is massive. Visibility was superb at about 25 meters (which I thought was great, but Chris said it can exceed 35-40 meters) Chris runs a top notch operation with safety being the first priority. Truly an amazing dive, which I hope to have the opportunity to see again.

Thanks for the post! I am looking for somewhere not to far away to go for Christmas/New Years this year with good diving and warm weather!

We were there last year. Myself and eldest daughter did our PADI Advanced and my youngest did her Junior Open.
We did Zen and it was amazing !!!...

Used a small but excellent school - we were staying in pernera - a good 50 mins from Larnaca... but it was WELL wortht the trip down

Mid September water temperatures are usually pretty warm in Cyprus. Looking back at my logs for the last couple of years the surface temperatures are 25-27C, the temperature on the side of the wreck (18-20m) is only 1-2C lower. Down at 40m the bottom temps are 22-24C and I have recorded 19C inside the wreck. For a "recreational" dive I use a 3mm suit but if I'm planning to be down at 40m for more than 5-10 minutes I use a 5mm.

Back
Top Bottom