Who hates their DUI drysuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... but go for Converse instead of the rock boots, skip their undergarments (mine didn't age well), and try to find a glove ring system which I like and have it mounted directly on the suit.

I have done both of those. For very cold water I use two to three pairs of socks, and my RockBoots are sized appropriately. Unfortunately when I try to dive in warmer water with thin socks only those RockBoots are too large and can't be tightened down enough to prevent wiggling. I bought a pair of Converse Chucks and they work fine in the water. It should be noted, however, that the Chucks are more prone to slipping on wet boat surfaces than the RockBoots are.

I have installed some rings on my DUI wrist zip seals - extra redundancy.

I have very wide foot (EEE) and the DUI boots are too narrow to the point where I need size 14 - 15. Are the Converse boots better in this issue?

Both my wife and I bought TLS350's a year ago November, and both of us had significant moisture issues with them... not really leaking as much as general wetness inside.

DUI issued a recall on the suits made during that time period due to defects in materials, and I sent outs in and found out last week that both of them indeed suffered from the manufacturing defect.

DUI has a 7 year warranty, and both are being replaced under their warranty. Additionally, since mine was a custom fit model and I have put on a few pounds since I had it made, they allowed me to get remeasured for it which was nice. I am also having them put knee pads on mine (for an extra fee) while they are at it, and adjust the bootie size down a bit.

Total time from sending off the suit until they are returned will be about 2 moths.

Here's a link to the recall.

Information on DUI TLS350 drysuits manufactured 2009-2010

Both my wife and I bought TLS350's a year ago November, and both of us had significant moisture issues with them... not really leaking as much as general wetness inside.

DUI issued a recall on the suits made during that time period due to defects in materials, and I sent outs in and found out last week that both of them indeed suffered from the manufacturing defect.

DUI has a 7 year warranty, and both are being replaced under their warranty. Additionally, since mine was a custom fit model and I have put on a few pounds since I had it made, they allowed me to get remeasured for it which was nice. I am also having them put knee pads on mine (for an extra fee) while they are at it, and adjust the bootie size down a bit.

Total time from sending off the suit until they are returned will be about 2 moths.

Here's a link to the recall.

Information on DUI TLS350 drysuits manufactured 2009-2010

Sounds like good customer service.

Sounds like good customer service.

Yes, it has been. In fact, DUI suspected our suits were in this batch, and contacted our LDS where we bought them (Y-Kiki Divers in St. Louis). DUI had the serial numbers of where the suits went, and contacted them before the issue was made public. Y-Kiki immediately contacted us and told us that our suits were in this batch of potentially defective suits, and when we heard about it, we both suspected our suits were defective immediately.

We are both "new" to drysuit diving and know there is generally some condensation from sweat inside the suit, so we were not really sure if that is what we had going on... but our suits (hers more than mine) did get pretty damp inside...

The reason we suspected there was a problem was we had noticed something really odd that neither of us could explain... the suit would be damp on the inside on the front, but not on the back... in hindsight, it seems obvious that the problem was a panel of the bad materials were used where it tended to get damp.

Now we know.

I keep forgetting to add this to my sales pitch in the shop. MADE IN AMERICA BABY! I have personally owned every single (Major category) model of DUI drysuit. My Favorite is the Tls 350 ...Other brands I have owned, Whites, Dive Rite and Apollo. DUI with zip seals. Get it ! Yes, Yes I am a dealer and to some of you who will think I have something to gain by saying all this, yes, yes I do. But even if I didn't sell these suits, or later in life when I am no longer in the diving business, I will still dive in a DUI with zip seals. I believe in their willingness to prove themselves to their customers and that they have the experience and knowledge to beat their competition.And they are made in America
Love it. Got the zip seals and love them. There are always gonna be unhappy people if you look hard enough. We all tend to be brand loyal in one way or another. I got the TLS350 a while back and really love the freedom of movement and the charactertistics of the suit. Plus it is made in AMERICA!

I think the thread title should be "Who Loves their DUI?".

I don't see much critic of the suits nor the company except my comment on the high price. I am pretty amazed.

I think the thread title should be "Who Loves their DUI?".

I don't see much critic of the suits nor the company except my comment on the high price. I am pretty amazed.

Yes. If I knew that the response would be this positive I would surely have called it that. I remember reading negative reviews but I dont see them here. I guess with any product there will always be faulty pieces but DUI seems to have a solid customer service so if you end up with a lemon there are good people behind you.

I never hear that much negative about dui product.I think it is more the price .A dui on average cost 500.00 to 1000.00$ more then almost any other brand.Dont think you can go wrong with a dui just dont know if they are worth that much more and if you leave on the east coast you are looking at least 4 weeks for any repair if not alot more time.But they are a good suit.But just rememeber 1000 people could buy the same suit and if you are the one to get a lemon dosent make a company is bad.Good luck

Back
Top Bottom