Why it should be LAW that people should get certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all of you who are getting wound up: You've got to give the guy credit -- it's an original approach.

And no, the government isn't going to make you do anything as a result of some kid's English class presentation.

I really like the idea of debating exploring the oceans over exploring space! I bet you could get people pretty fired up over that. I mean, NASA has been a HUGE contributor to science and technology, but space exploration is very expensive and not likely to make any huge leaps in the near future. The oceans have a lot to offer. Cool ideas.

I really like the idea of debating exploring the oceans over exploring space! I bet you could get people pretty fired up over that. I mean, NASA has been a HUGE contributor to science and technology, but space exploration is very expensive and not likely to make any huge leaps in the near future. The oceans have a lot to offer. Cool ideas.

And if we allow the government to [supposedly] switch from space to oceans, we will:
1) Create a brand new bureaucracy under [probably] NOAA that will have to be funded to at least the current funding level of NASA.
2) Still have to fund NASA because once we start something it would be un-American and "job killing" to un-fund it.
3) etc., etc., etc.

Tom

I'm one of those people who thinks that the government needs to mind its own business and stay out of people's lives. I even think that if you do something dumb, it's your fault and nobody else's, and that no amount of legislation or licensing-based hoop jumping can or should change that. Insane, I know.

There are current on going studies regarding the culture of some Western police organisations building a case around A man, rather than finding THE man, or woman.

MASH is still relevant.

How did they get away with setting it in Vietnam.

I don't know if you're joking or not but MASH was set in Korea. They even occasionally had real Korean speakers using the correct language, which was pretty rare for Hollywood at the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom