Why it should be LAW that people should get certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On a lighter note, I love the fact that you are doing a paper on diving! Perhaps you should concentrate on why everyone "should" learn to scuba dive-how it brings people of different nationalities together-how people who don't speak the same language can still be good buddies with mutual knowledge and understanding.
If you want to include the government, why not peruse the topic of scuba diving presidents and congressmen. Just some thoughts. Los Alamitos is one of the best schools in Cali, usually up there with my Alma Mater St. Anthony's!
Get Wet!

You could debate why SCUBA classes should be offered as a HS elective PE course. I mean there are a lot of cons, mostly that would require pool access, there has be a lot of safety concerns and such, but it might be more positively received.

I applaud you for working so hard to do well in school, be informed, and make good decisions. To become dependent on your hard work at such an early age and to ask questions about reading material that you may have missed out on due to a generation gap.

I didn't read 1984 (I'm 33) but I did read Animal Farm. I personally didn't like it then but understand it more now that I'm older. I DID like Farenheit 451 but don't know if that is even required reading anymore. Heck, other stuff that was required reading for me was Beowulf (omg hated), Madame Bovary (blah), To Kill A Mockingbird (loved), Catch 22 (first time hated, read again and loved) and The Great Gatsby (hated). To be honest, most of the time if it was "required" I didn't like it at all.

(and I could read faster than most of my classmates so was always at least a few pages ahead, causing me to be lost if we had to read aloud.)

I would hope that my son can be as well versed as you in his teen years and willing to take advice and criticism in kind.

Please compliment your parents for me and your teachers, too, because it seems that you have been learning alot.

Looking forward to your "Final Answer!"

Wow! Thank you for the extremely nice compliments :). I really appreciate it. The required reading that I have done for high school so far has been TKAM, All Quiet On The Western Front, A Separate Piece, A House On Mango Street, and a variety of short essays in different books. And I will sure let you know what I decide!!!

Euthanasia is illegal except for those with legislated immunity.

Wow! Thank you for the extremely nice compliments :). I really appreciate it. The required reading that I have done for high school so far has been TKAM, All Quiet On The Western Front, A Separate Piece, A House On Mango Street, and a variety of short essays in different books. And I will sure let you know what I decide!!!

You are very deserving.

OH! Another one I did like was "The Red Badge of Courage."

And AP classes are tough. I was only in "excelled/advanced." I'm sure this isn't the ONLY project you are working on.

You still haven't said when this is due....

You are very deserving.

OH! Another one I did like was "The Red Badge of Courage."

And AP classes are tough. I was only in "excelled/advanced." I'm sure this isn't the ONLY project you are working on.

You still haven't said when this is due....

That was a good book. The speeches start February 28th so I got a little time. What I am leaning towards right now in regards to my topic choice is: 1.) Should scuba be an elective course in high school 2.) We should focus more on the exploration of our oceans that outer space

Both of these ideas have been stimulated by this discussion so thank you ALLLLL!!!!!!

You could choose the topic of wearing a mask on the forehead (MOF) and debate either the pro's or con's of it. But you may not have enough material for ten minutes. :argument:

Back
Top Bottom