Latest PADI specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a genuine one.... It basically translates as 'Mask Diver'... :D

From the HydroOptix website: http://62.0.5.133/www.hydrooptix.com/index2.html

PADI 'Double-Dome Vision' Diver.

dive_mask_PADI_logo.jpg

I had an ex girlfriend that gave me an "expert diver" card once... I think she meant something different though.

What does that have to do with scuba diving? And who cares? You can pat yourself on the back for that, but I see it was presented by an EX girlfriend.:rofl3:

Does PADI offer a card for Underwater Demolitions Diver?

I just took the course in St Croix. The local dive operators will not let you carry a spear gun on their boats without the cert. It is a deadly weapon you know, and there is safety protocol to be followed. Plus the fish is not without risk dealing with them. I found the certification helpful.

The Bonaire course of Annieols has certified numerous people. As I understand it, the dive shop out of which she operates (BDA) has several spears that are now loaned out to qualified individuals, as approved by STINAPA, the Marine Park regulatory authority on Bonaire. In fact, a friend of mine who lives at Sand Dollar can be frequently seen garbed as an anti-lionfish predator. She carries a collection bag, two fine mesh dip nets and one of the loaner spears, plus a dive knife on her leg and she wears gloves. All lionfish sufficiently large are speared; smaller ones are netted. Other diver BDA guests take thin colored ribbon attached to wine bottle corks to mark the sites of individual lionfish. This woman and the few others so-qualified divers collect the fish (and the markers) and immediately turn the fish over to the CIEE (Council on International Educational Exchange) marine biology station on Bonaire for stomach content evaluation, size, weight, etc. as part of an ongoing long term study. Many of these same "lionfish managers" contribute in other ways to the collection of scientific data on the Bonaire reefs. Two such ongoing projects are the regular counting of all fish species and maintaining water quality sensors in useful condition.

If any of the above is erroneous, I invite Annieols to please update or correct it.

Take Note!

That it's not permitted to participate in this activity any where in the world. Bonair maybe the only place in the world. Where ever you go ensure with local laws that it accepted in the country or state.

Have fun diving....

Cozumel also has such a policy and requires the PADI lionfish specialty as well.

I don't get why so many here poke fun at cert specialities. You must really get your moneys worth at a comedy club.

I wanted to shoot Lion Fish with an operator on St Croix so I got the specialty. The cert was required before they would let 10 divers loose with guns not knowing their personal knowledge of Lion Fish, reefs and safety. Simple.

These are not fishing vessels, they are dive vessels so no fish are to be brought aboard unless it is scientific in nature.

The course taught safety, protocol, approach, disposal, and proper gun discharge should you need to discharge a loaded band.

Reef protection was preached. Know where other divers are. Don't swim around with a loaded ready to fire gun, and know how to signal and signal intent.

I got involved with CORE Foundation and follow the Lion Fish Round ups.

Real funny stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom