Why it should be LAW that people should get certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are lots of good topics in diving. You could debate the manufacturer's practice of setting minimum advertised prices (or in some cases, minimum prices period). Or debate the utility of marine protected areas. Or debate the merits of having scuba certifications expire and have to be renewed.

We will all be waiting to see what you decide on and how you did in class. Thanks for sparking a lively discussion.

If that is true, then just two of the correct ways to say this would be:

In Los Altos, one of the most affluent areas in the country, the educational system is extremely good.

or

The educational system in Los Altos, one of the most affluent areas of the country, is extremely good.

Less wordy and more to the point. The orignal statement is confusing and disjointed, as well as grammatically incorrect. 46th out of 50 sounds about right. Aren't the most affluent areas the ones most able to afford good cocaine? And do they not also spend ridiculous amounts of money rewarding their children for mediocre performance. You got a "B"! Great! Here's a BMW, now go away. Mommy has a tennis lesson.

You're right the original statement was disjointed. I typed that sentence during my Spanish III AP class...must have still been thinking in Spanish. And really? You really think a freaking cocaine addict would be in Comp AP trying to get ideas for a speech on a Scuba Forum and have a 4.7 GPa!?!? I would love to see were you live and what has shaped your perceptions of high schoolers.... And by the way, I don't have a B and I have to work for everything, LIKE MY CERTIFICATION AND GEAR!!!!

Now tell me what you think

I kind of like, why every American should be forced to memorize the constitution and be tested every 2 years two months before an election. Those not passing with a 90% or better are not allowed to vote or scuba dive

what's that?

1984 is a book by George Orwell.

Effectively the government is into every bit or your personal life.
Privacy does not exist.

It reminds me of a Zaegar & Evans song from the late 1960s

Part the lyrics were "everything you think, do and say is in the pill you took today..."

Another part of the lyrics were "In the year 2525, if man is still alive ..."

1984 is a book by George Orwell.

Effectively the government is into every bit or your personal life.
Privacy does not exist.

It reminds me of a Zaegar & Evans song from the late 1960s

Part the lyrics were "everything you think, do and say is in the pill you took today..."

Another part of the lyrics were "In the year 2525, if man is still alive ..."

The song "In The Year 2525" is more about people losing their humanity than about The Man controlling one's life. At least that's what I've made out of the lyrics.

I think it would be better if argued why people should try scuba

astronauts use scuba to train for space, experience weightlessness and insight into that training

we have such sights to show you

Just as an opinion to the OP. It would not do much good to make a law about diving. They have a law you cant drive with out a license yet well over half the people on the roads at least in oklahoma do have one. They made a law requiring the states drivers to have insurance yet only 1 in 4 actually driving have it.

They passed a law it is illegal to possess marijuana yet a very large percentage of the population have it. This in turn is fueling the violence in Mexico and other drug exporting countries. They passed a law in the 20s prohibiting alcahol and we all know how that went.

They passed a law restricting firearms in 1994 saying 10 round magazines would make the streets safer yet somehow the thugs managed to alter them to the point of being high capacity mags (Also illegal) and fully auto (again fully auto)

Passing a law in this country does very little good it seems since lawyers and attorneys love to find and point out loop holes which renders the laws useless. And it its not bad enough that attorneys do this. The ones who actually are found guilty are treated like royalty as far as the state goes. (Yes I know its tough because of fellow inmates)

So I dont think it should be made a law because it wont change anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom